Mithferion

Beta .178 - Unable to open the Glyph Browser

Hi there!

I noticed something on Windows 8.1... and the thing is that I can't open the Glyph Browser. It simply does nothing, but I can see that the Check doesn't appear on View > Studio > Glyph Broswer.

Any other Panel, I can open it.

Best regards!

P. S.: This also happends in Photo.

You'll never know what you can do until you get it up as high as you can go!   

AMD FX 8350 :: Radeon HD 7870 :: Windows 10 ::  http://mithferion.deviantart.com/

Oxygen Icons :: Free Quality Fonts :: Public Domain Pictures :: iOS 11 Design Resources :: iOS App Icon Template :: Hot to do High Quality Art :: Mesh Warp / Distort Tool Considerations

Yes. It’s weird because in Windows 10 I can also open the Glyph Browser.

Best regards!

AMD FX 8350 :: Radeon HD 7870 :: Windows 10 ::  http://mithferion.deviantart.com/

Oxygen Icons :: Free Quality Fonts :: Public Domain Pictures :: iOS 11 Design Resources :: iOS App Icon Template :: Hot to do High Quality Art :: Mesh Warp / Distort Tool Considerations

@Mithferion the same fonts on both machines?
Might be a corrupted one that prevents the glyph-browser from appearing.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Win10(1903)Home / Photo / Designer / Publisher & latest (beta) versions

6 minutes ago, haakoo said:

@Mithferion the same fonts on both machines?
Might be a corrupted one that prevents the glyph-browser from appearing.

Like 90% the same, yes.

Best regards!

So there may be a little chance it might be in this 10%
On the other hand let someone with win 7 confirm it doesn't work for them either.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 minute ago, haakoo said:

So there may be a little chance it might be in this 10%
On the other hand let someone with win 7 confirm it doesn't work for them either.

Most of them are some System and Office Fonts; also, Wosven confirmed that he can open it in Windows 7.

Best regards!

3 minutes ago, Mithferion said:

Wosven confirmed that he can open it in Windows 7.

Aha,overlooked somehow :/

Hi Mitherion, 

I use Windows 8.1 and can open the Glyph Browser without a problem. Have you tried View > Studio > Reset Studio? If that doesn't work (and the fact Photo isn't working) does lead to possibly being an issue with an installed font.

If possible could you (temporarily) remove the different fonts and see if that allows it to appear.

4 hours ago, Wosven said:

She :), but that's not relevant!

Now I know better. :P

1 hour ago, Sean P said:

Hi Mitherion, 

Hi, Sean.

Let me try and I will be back with the results.

Best regards!

On 11/21/2018 at 3:49 AM, Sean P said:

Hi Mitherion, 

I use Windows 8.1 and can open the Glyph Browser without a problem. Have you tried View > Studio > Reset Studio? If that doesn't work (and the fact Photo isn't working) does lead to possibly being an issue with an installed font.

If possible could you (temporarily) remove the different fonts and see if that allows it to appear. 

Well, finally I could make it appear. The steps I followed to get to it were:

• Reset the Studio
  • Create some text with the Artistic Text Tool
  • Select it with the Move Tool
  • Go to Text > Show Glyph Browser

That way it appeared on the screen. After that, the problem of the Panel now showing never happened again.

Best regards!