DeyanApp

My first try with Affinity Designer

@DeyanApp Love your illustrations, but these two aren't quite working for me. The image just doesn't look like it is on the rocks, instead it looks like transparency over a photo.

Do you have Affinity Photo? If so, perhaps investigate the Displacement feature… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svaIoTqIWdU

If not, perhaps a bit more experimentation with blending modes, or even chopping up the image and displacing it by hand might add some realism?

Win7 Ultimate x64   |   i5-3570K @ 3.4GHz   |   16 GB RAM   |   120 GB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 660 Ti   |   Huion 1060 Plus

How I make GIFs >>> ScreenToGIF (Windows only, Open Source, Portable, ~600kB)

Thanks @Aammppaa. I can't disagree with you, the last two pieces are wired and different (a bit not finished). Thanks for advise and yes I have Affinity Photo and I'll check that feature :28_hugging:.

Here is a very quick tweak of the top left corner of your Aztec Water God image.

1890107014_AffinityDeyanAppRejig.png.dd92f40a17bda5c651d78847c2fffb85.png

I drew in a few of the blocks with the pen tool, and put a slightly scaled and rotated copy of the image inside block. Then added a drop shadow and bevel to the blocks to make them pop out of the surface.

Only a few minutes work, but shows what could be achieved.

Also think that a textured stroke on the black outline would really help bed the illustration onto the stone work.

And let me reiterate - I love your work!

Win7 Ultimate x64   |   i5-3570K @ 3.4GHz   |   16 GB RAM   |   120 GB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 660 Ti   |   Huion 1060 Plus

How I make GIFs >>> ScreenToGIF (Windows only, Open Source, Portable, ~600kB)

This is the result from one more hour of experimenting with blending options and adjustments. Plus one more texture for the body and wings. For me is way better, but still not "perfect". Later I'll try to edit this piece in Affinity Photo, but first I'm going to program some games at work 9_9.

AztecAB.thumb.jpg.8ffb1ddef464785ef73737ab159ccbd1.jpg

AztecAngryBird.png