This is the first document I've needed to make that has a lot of small text boxes with titles for these on a colored rectangle.

I find I am having a terrible time trying to figure out if I have my design balanced since the outline of the text boxes always shows. I need a "print preview" like in the old MS Word versions, or a way to turn off all guides, grids, and outlines easily.

Please let me know if I just missed how to do this.

There is a 'Preview' toggle in the view menu, youmcan also add a preview button tomthe toolbar if youmwish — this toggles a print preview without any guidelines on and off.

The Preview mode still shows empty picture frames with a cross. Ideally, those would disappear.

In contrast, white or transparent shapes created by the various shape tools are invisible when in either view mode, which makes them hard to find and select. (Finding them using the Layers palette is going to be difficult on a complex page.)

[ macos 10.12.6 Sierra; Memory: 16GB;  Graphics: Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 1536 MB; Processor: 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5 ]

33 minutes ago, Jim_A said:

The Preview mode still shows empty picture frames with a cross. Ideally, those would disappear

If I remember correctly they will also be present if you Print or Export the file. Thus, the Preview is showing them consistently with how they will appear.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.356), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.486 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.486 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.3.481 and 1.7.3.475 Beta

51 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

If I remember correctly they will also be present if you Print or Export the file. Thus, the Preview is showing them consistently with how they will appear.

No, they don't show on export. (Thankfully!)

[ macos 10.12.6 Sierra; Memory: 16GB;  Graphics: Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 1536 MB; Processor: 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5 ]

On 11/15/2018 at 3:31 PM, Jim_A said:

The Preview mode still shows empty picture frames with a cross. Ideally, those would disappear.

Thanks. I’m fairly certain this has been overlooked. I’ll log it.