As long as you disable View > View Mode > Clip to Canvas it's as big as you want. Just scroll up/down or right/left.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 2004 (19041.388),
   Desktop: 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz, GeForce GTX 970
   Laptop:  8GB memory, Intel Core i7-3625QM @ 2.30GHz, Intel HD Graphics 4000 or NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M
Affinity Photo 1.8.3.641 and 1.8.4.693 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.8.3.641 and 1.8.4.693 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.8.3.641 and 1.8.4.687 Beta.

18 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

As long as you disable View > View Mode > Clip to Canvas it's as big as you want. Just scroll up/down or right/left.

No, it doesn't give me anything above. See attached image where plates are cropped.

aaaaaffinitypasteboard.jpg

Noticed the same. Objects can be moved as far up/down as you want but visible area is quite small. Only bounding box remains visible.

That is very strange. The same does not happen with moving objects left/right, by the way; they remain fully visible. This only affects up/down moves of objects that are not on the page.

Looks like a possible bug to me, that should perhaps be reported over in one of the Publisher Bugs forums.

-- Walt

Laptop:  8GB memory, Intel Core i7-3625QM @ 2.30GHz, Intel HD Graphics 4000 or NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M
Affinity Photo 1.8.3.641 and 1.8.4.693 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.8.3.641 and 1.8.4.693 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.8.3.641 and 1.8.4.687 Beta.

On 5/26/2019 at 4:30 PM, avyclaire said:

I am not able to see any block moved off page onto pasteboard.  

This would be a deal breaker for me

Screen Shot 2019-05-26 at 5.27.20 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-26 at 5.27.05 PM.png

It looks like you are in preview mode in those screenshots. You can't see outside the document boundaries in that mode.

On 10/27/2018 at 6:15 PM, walt.farrell said:

That is very strange. The same does not happen with moving objects left/right, by the way; they remain fully visible. This only affects up/down moves of objects that are not on the page.

Looks like a possible bug to me, that should perhaps be reported over in one of the Publisher Bugs forums.

It's not a bug and has been discussed here. If you see my May 11 post in that thread, I compare it to InDesign. Since there is no clear boundary, it makes it look like a bug.

3 minutes ago, Jeremy Bohn said:

It's not a bug and has been discussed here. If you see my May 11 post in that thread, I compare it to InDesign. Since there is no clear boundary, it makes it look like a bug.

True, but you just responded to a post of mine that is about 7 months old. Lots of things are known now, that were't necessarily known then :)

-- Walt

21 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

about 7 months old.

Funny coincidence: the post which made this old thread awake, appeared twice within 2 minutes. Like an Asian proverb says: "Lots of things are known in a way that they couldn't get asked enough – No time to lose" ;)

macOS 10.14.6, Macbook Pro Retina 15" + Eizo 24", Affinity in Separated Mode (documents merged)

23 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

True, but you just responded to a post of mine that is about 7 months old. Lots of things are known now, that were't necessarily known then :)

Does it really matter? Isn't that obvious as well? Trying to get your post quota in for the day?

I didn't go looking for this old thread. It was up near the top of the list and I rarely look at dates. I just see what's at the top of the list and try to contribute if I can.