I am by no means a computer geek,however I am having a big problem since the latest update in Photo 1,6,5,123.My cpu usage is up to 98% when loading a raw file of 12Mps,when developed all editing is very slow and delayed in it's action.I opened up task manager to see there is a duplicate of Affinity Photo is this correct?

Capture.PNG

The high CPU usage is similar to what I see when I load a file, and the processes are the same.  I haven't seen any drop in performance though.

AP user, running Win10

Is not a duplicate, but one of the processes ? 

So, it did not happen -being slow-  before, with the same raw file ?  What type of disk, ram, cpu do you have ?

Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo licenses, Windows 7, i7  860 (2009) 2.8 GHz,  8 GB RAM, GTX 1050 2 GB, HD 7200 RPM.  Wacom Intuos 4 XL.

500gb HDD, 8gb RAM,Intel i3.I had no problems before the latest update,now for example if I change the blend mode there is a delay of 1 to 2 seconds before this is applied.This is the same with other editing methods,I have done all the scanning for malware/virus.All my software is up to date.

I had a similar problem a few months ago when  a new version of Malwarebytes started eating up memory and slowing everything down. It is worth checking other applictions and processes for memory and cpu usage.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.7 and Designer 1.7, (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

7 minutes ago, John Rostron said:

I had a similar problem a few months ago when  a new version of Malwarebytes started eating up memory and slowing everything down. It is worth checking other applictions and processes for memory and cpu usage.

John

Hi John,I have been into all of the background apps and disabled them.I am using Bitdefender and that is not giving me a problem.I have just tried resetting Affinity to factory setting.Have not had a chance to test all the various editing processes, will however keep you informed as to whether this has solved the problem.Would be great if affinity could run on Linux.

Yes Gabriel I only use live filters,I have just been trying again and brushes and clone for example are very jittery.There is a delay before the edit takes effect,this is in RAW and JPEG.

4 minutes ago, Panlumix said:

I only use live filters

That's why then. Live filters will drastically affect the response time as they are "live". They will redraw with every pan/zoom/new effect added/any change. It is expected to be slow. Once you're happy with the live filter you can merge it and it will reduce the processing time. There's only so much you can do on a 7 years old processor.

Yes it maybe time to update,my thought is that I had no problems before the latest update from Affinity.I will try using destructive filters instead to see if  that works better.Thanks for your input.

1 hour ago, GabrielM said:

That's why then. Live filters will drastically affect the response time as they are "live". They will redraw with every pan/zoom/new effect added/any change. It is expected to be slow. Once you're happy with the live filter you can merge it and it will reduce the processing time. There's only so much you can do on a 7 years old processor.

Sorry I forgot to ask does the size of the raw file have any effect as I have tried with 12mp and 24 mp files or is it better to develop them and the downsize the image file?

The higher the resolution, the more processing power is needed. It's up to you if you want to resize it or not. It really depends what you do with the end product, if you ever gonna need it at a higher resolution, etc.