You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I am by no means a computer geek,however I am having a big problem since the latest update in Photo 1,6,5,123.My cpu usage is up to 98% when loading a raw file of 12Mps,when developed all editing is very slow and delayed in it's action.I opened up task manager to see there is a duplicate of Affinity Photo is this correct?

Capture.PNG

Is not a duplicate, but one of the processes ? 

So, it did not happen -being slow-  before, with the same raw file ?  What type of disk, ram, cpu do you have ?

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 and V2.4 Windows 10 and Windows 11. 
Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.

500gb HDD, 8gb RAM,Intel i3.I had no problems before the latest update,now for example if I change the blend mode there is a delay of 1 to 2 seconds before this is applied.This is the same with other editing methods,I have done all the scanning for malware/virus.All my software is up to date.

I had a similar problem a few months ago when  a new version of Malwarebytes started eating up memory and slowing everything down. It is worth checking other applictions and processes for memory and cpu usage.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

7 minutes ago, John Rostron said:

I had a similar problem a few months ago when  a new version of Malwarebytes started eating up memory and slowing everything down. It is worth checking other applictions and processes for memory and cpu usage.

John

Hi John,I have been into all of the background apps and disabled them.I am using Bitdefender and that is not giving me a problem.I have just tried resetting Affinity to factory setting.Have not had a chance to test all the various editing processes, will however keep you informed as to whether this has solved the problem.Would be great if affinity could run on Linux.

• Staff
4 minutes ago, Panlumix said:

I only use live filters

That's why then. Live filters will drastically affect the response time as they are "live". They will redraw with every pan/zoom/new effect added/any change. It is expected to be slow. Once you're happy with the live filter you can merge it and it will reduce the processing time. There's only so much you can do on a 7 years old processor.

1 hour ago, GabrielM said:

That's why then. Live filters will drastically affect the response time as they are "live". They will redraw with every pan/zoom/new effect added/any change. It is expected to be slow. Once you're happy with the live filter you can merge it and it will reduce the processing time. There's only so much you can do on a 7 years old processor.

Sorry I forgot to ask does the size of the raw file have any effect as I have tried with 12mp and 24 mp files or is it better to develop them and the downsize the image file?