SlipperyBrick

Pasting Images Into Alpha Channel

Hi,

I am looking to do something pretty simple. I want to paste a greyscale image into the alpha channel of another image but for some reason I can't seem to do it. 

Each time I paste an image (with the alpha channel of that image selected, it just pastes my image into a new layer.

Hey,

I'm using Affinity Photo for game development and most of the time when I'm dealing with textures I need to pack certain textures in to certain channels.

It's ok though after some Googling and YouTube I found a great video that explained how to do it

It's so easy in Photoshop but in Affinity Photo once again they have added a slightly more clever way to work :D

I love Photo and Designer <3

Why do this workflow so hard. What's wrong with copy/paste workflow ? The photoshop way . With this workflow we're doing too many clicks for a simple operation .

What's wrong with :

Step 1. Open image

Step 2. Ctrl+A -> Copy Image

Step 3. Select Alpha channel -> Ctrl+V - Paste 

Step 4. Save 

Hi giakaama,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
Nothing wrong with that (quite the contrary). I do hope there's improvements here in future versions. Affinity Photo is still relatively new. There's quite a few areas that must be looked into/improved/expanded.

By the way, there are two significant bugs (on Mac at least): 1) you only get the "load to red channel" etc if you right click just below the name of the spare channel. 2) If you want to pack 4 channels, wherever there is a pixel that is 0 in the alpha channel, it turns to black on the color channel, the only workaround I could find was to make this more than 0. Please fix this, I don't want to use photoshop instead :57_cry:.