You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

True Detective Compositing (Pixel Persona)

ronniemcbride

So, a potential client contacted me about doing some motion graphic work for a conference. They want to go with this true detective  type of look. If your not familiar with the show check out the title screen found here 

Anyway, I probably will end up doing this in apple motion if I get the job. I decided, before I commit to the project, let me try and execute the look or get some what close to it in a still frame sample first. This what I am going to present to the client since I do not have a lot of sample work that reflects this sort of style. Most of the stuff I have done isn't anything I want to show anyone because they are  dry, old, corporate project from the tech sector that really limits my creativity! Anyway, this would be a fun and challenging project if i get it! I created this entire image using nothing but the pixel persona tools. I am really curious to see what tools are available for image manipulation in Affinity Photo because i can pull off a lot of techniques that I would do in Adobe Photoshop in Affinity Designer already!

true-detective-mixmediasaladesign.jpg

Thank You Jakerlund! Welcome to the community!  By the way, nice job infinite logo. :)

Ronnie's commission=True Detective

Ronnie's Skill in AD   =Truly effective.

You can do it. Good luck buddy; it would make a great success story for the second e-zine in a few months time.

MacBook pro, 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB, OS X 10.11.6

http://www.pinterest.com/peter2111

Ronnie's commission=True Detective

Ronnie's Skill in AD   =Truly effective.

You can do it. Good luck buddy; it would make a great success story for the second e-zine in a few months time.

Ahh that would be a double win! Thanks Peter! We will see! 

Looking good Ronnie, go for it!  Crazy show that first season was...

I agree with your statement regarding Photo's upcoming capabilities. I also feel Designer's pixel persona is already close or equal to some of Photoshop's "painting" technique and workflow.

It will be very interesting to see where Photo differs in respect to Designer and Photoshop.

Great treatment on the pix. Best of luck to ya, Ronnie!

Mac OS X Catinlina, 2014 iMac, 3.5 Ghz Intel Core i7, Huion Kamvas Pro 22 Graphic Tablet, 16GB RAM, MacOS10.12 || Magic keyboard w/numeric keypad, wireless trackpad, Kengsington Edge Trackball || Flux Capacitor in a secure location

---

I encourage kids to go ahead and play on my lawn. I mean, how else can I make sure the death-traps work?

Thanks everyone for the well wishes and the support I can't thank you all enough! 
Checkout my Timelapse on YouTube

Great time-lapse Ronnie.

That kind of work can be very tricky to get right as you allude to in the video commentary. Lots and lots of small decisions before it emerges from some "mysterious" place... if you're lucky... and stick with it.  ;)

That was some video...blending gone mad! But it worked.

Just saw the intro to TD, my first experience of it. Never even heard of it 'till now. You've got the spirit of it nailed to your mast, nice and high!

One of my favourite subjects is UK TV ads and the cream of the crop is the lucrative Guinness contract. Get that and you've made it. Commercial and creative boxes ticked (checked). Here's a link for you to look at. I also own the book on all Guinness ads up to 1993, full of different styles from the 1930's up to the 1990's. Well worth having.

Enjoy

peter

MacBook pro, 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB, OS X 10.11.6

http://www.pinterest.com/peter2111

Great time-lapse Ronnie.

That kind of work can be very tricky to get right as you allude to in the video commentary. Lots and lots of small decisions before it emerges from some "mysterious" place... if you're lucky... and stick with it.  ;)

Thanks! Yah it is tricky stuff. I like deconstructing something then rebuilding it. IT not 100 percent but I close enough to the original design I think!

It is a process. Some people think  design is easy but like anything else it about solving problems. I think I have a better idea of the concept  now  of this image now. :) 

-Ronnie 

That was some video...blending gone mad! But it worked.

Just saw the intro to TD, my first experience of it. Never even heard of it 'till now. You've got the spirit of it nailed to your mast, nice and high!

One of my favourite subjects is UK TV ads and the cream of the crop is the lucrative Guinness contract. Get that and you've made it. Commercial and creative boxes ticked (checked). Here's a link for you to look at. I also own the book on all Guinness ads up to 1993, full of different styles from the 1930's up to the 1990's. Well worth having.

Enjoy

peter

Thanks Peter I will definitely check this out!