• Announcements

• Patrick Connor

Forum Upgrade   07/12/2017

Welcome to the upgraded Affinity Forums. This change will allow us to add more features and block spam better. If you have any problems using these forums as a result of the upgrade, please post in the the similarly named News forum thread.
Five

Develop Persona vs Photo Persona (Affinity Photo)

3 posts in this topic

One of my biggest struggles with Affinity Photo, as well as with other photo editors, is to make a decision wether I should do the majority of my adjustments while developing the RAW file or later in the photo persona. For instance, right now I am working on an image which needs quite a bit sharpening (details), straightening, cropping, heavy exposure and withe balance work, and a gradient overlay to further adjust the sky. 

I could do all this in the develop persona. But I could also do all this in the photo persona with the benefit, that I can change my values for a specific adjustment whenever I want. I assume there must be a benefit of doing some adjustments in the development persona, but I don't see it. What am I missing?

I would like to know what kind of adjustment work you guys are doing in the development persona versus the photo persona for RAW files. Thanks!