You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[RC10] Paragraph panel bug

Paragraph panel is not remembering its size once undocked.

It also appears to lose its ability to resize vertically until closed and reopened from the View -> Studio menu.

See below capture:

NIrei3u.gif

I've tried resetting all the preferences under the Miscellaneous tab back to their defaults, which is when I also noticed that doing this shrinks the main application window to its minimum size on first launch with only the title bar visible and in the top left corner of the screen (which gets hidden by the default start page)..

ekWvcpu.png

Highly recommended open source screen capture software (useful for bug reports).

CrPzyCp.jpg

https://getsharex.com/

• Staff

Hey mattb5906,

I can't reproduce the truncated dialog issue. I believe that should be fixed for RC10. If you don't have any custom brushes or keyboard settings etc. can you try running the app up with the Ctrl key held down to reset it. Then try again for me.

As for the docking/undocking size query, it seems as though it forgets the size unless you are docking it with another group of panels. I can check this with development but I feel like it may be by design as it is just snapping back to the default dock size. 

Thanks Chris.

The reset using the Ctrl key at startup has fixed the default paragraph panel size.

The exact steps to reproduce the tiny application window for me:

Edit menu -> Preferences

Miscellaneous section and click Reset User Defaults

The next time I open the application it still starts as a small dialog (like my second screen shot)

Steps tested on two Windows 10 machines.

Highly recommended open source screen capture software (useful for bug reports).

CrPzyCp.jpg

https://getsharex.com/

• 5 months later...

Just tried it and I don't have this problem. I had the same problem a while ago but it was fixed in one of the Beta. WIndows 10, basic Intel Graphics.

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

Just tried it and I don't have this problem. I had the same problem a while ago but it was fixed in one of the Beta. WIndows 10, basic Intel Graphics.

Yes, I use AD in two machines and the problem shows up only in one of them.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.