You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Draw an arrow line

How can I draw an arrow line? I've managed to draw a straight line and now I need an arrow at one end. Usually there are line ends options for that but I can't find any. The help just points me to the arrow form tool which makes biiig arrow forms, not simple lines with an arrow head an one end.

Hi ygoe,

I could not find this possibility, too. The arrow tool needs more post processing as necessary.

In CorelDraw there is a simple option (see attached file). I hope that such a solution will be integrated in ADwin. ----> Feature Request?

post-32342-0-37816800-1473709693_thumb.jpg

Win10 HP i7 - AD (Win), AP (Win), APub (Win), AD (iPad), AP (iPad),
Affinity Photo for iPad Pro - the best app I ever had
excuse my bad English

Yes, that's exactly the feature I was looking for. Arrows are needed everywhere, it would make sense to provide a feature for that. It would also be nice if those arrow heads (with different forms) could be scaled independently.

In CorelDraw there is a simple option (see attached file). I hope that such a solution will be integrated in ADwin. ----> Feature Request?

Here is an old (and rather long) feature request thread about arrowheads.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Too bad. The presented brush hack doesn't work for me, the arrow head it too small. I'm now trying to draw the arrow myself but it's really hard to get the two lines straight. The draw tool can't even align at the corners of a rectangle. Maybe some raster alignment could do it. Still experimenting. Arrow heads should have been there a year ago.

Oh maybe I can use a triangle instead and just make it filled. I'm already pleased to see a triangle form tool. This is the first thing that made me close Illustrator again right away yesterday.

Update: Well, what should I say, triangles make nice arrow heads, too. :-) At least for my horizontal lines, or anything along the rotation raster.

I am waiting for this feature, too. And I also can't understand why this issue is still being ignored (AI and Corel Draw implemented it years ago).

I have to use arrows all the time for overviews, diagrams, graphs, organigrams, etc.

The brush hack is no option for me since it uses a pixel images, i.e. a loss of quality. Workarounds might be an option if you have to draw only 1-2 arrows but 10-20? No, thanks.

So, the implementation of an arrow tool will be a must before I buy Designer.

I was slightly surprised they weren't already available but I would imagine it's a case of priorities. It's easy to forget it's early days. 'Arrow head line styles' on the roadmap (todo) list.

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/842-affinity-designer-feature-roadmap/&p=2972

v2.4.1 Designer/Photo/Publisher | Mac mini (M1, 2020) | Sonoma 14.4.1

• 3 weeks later...
On 20/09/2016 at 8:46 AM, Jonopen said:

I was slightly surprised they weren't already available but I would imagine it's a case of priorities. It's easy to forget it's early days. 'Arrow head line styles' on the roadmap (todo) list.

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/842-affinity-designer-feature-roadmap/&p=2972

Early days?  The arrowhead feature request is at least two years old.

Well, version 1.5 was released today and I quickly downloaded it to have a look.  Guess what, there are STILL no arrowhead line styles.  Unbelievable and unacceptable.

Guess what, there are STILL no arrowhead line styles.  Unbelievable and unacceptable.

How is that unbelievable or unacceptable? There are lots of features in 1.5, and they were prioritised higher than arrow heads. If we had added arrow heads at the expense of another feature, chances are, other customers would be calling it unbelievable or unacceptable that their favourite feature wasn't implemented.

We are trying hard to add useful features that our customers suggest, but they all take time, and as such some things will be done before others. Sorry you're disappointed.

Downloaded the latest version yesterday - I also discovered the lack of arrowheads, its a shame because the drawing I was going to use it for, and had almost completed needed arrowheads - the alternative way of adding straight lines to make the heads, just didn't look professional.

How is that unbelievable or unacceptable? There are lots of features in 1.5, and they were prioritised higher than arrow heads. If we had added arrow heads at the expense of another feature, chances are, other customers would be calling it unbelievable or unacceptable that their favourite feature wasn't implemented.

We are trying hard to add useful features that our customers suggest, but they all take time, and as such some things will be done before others. Sorry you're disappointed.

Maybe it is better to organize voting for most wanted features and then you can see what feature has more priority.

All the latest releases of Designer, Photo and Publisher (retail and beta) on MacOS and Windows.
15” Dell Inspiron 7559 i7 Windows 10 x64 Pro Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M) 16 GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600 MHz (8GBx2) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4 GB GDDR5 500 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED - Backlit Touch Display
32” LG 32UN650-W display 3840 x 2160 UHD, IPS, HDR10 Color Gamut: DCI-P3 95%, Color Calibrated 2 x HDMI, 1 x DisplayPort
13.3” MacBook Pro (2017) Ventura 13.6 Intel Core i7 (3.50 GHz Dual Core) 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB 500 GB SSD Retina Display (3360 x 2100)

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.