Jump to content


  • Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About ygoe

  • Rank
    Advanced Member

Contact Methods

  • AIM
    does that still exist?
  • Website URL
  • ICQ
    8 digits, long forgotten
  • Jabber
    not in use anymore
  • Skype

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location
    : erlangen.de
  • Interests
    Software Development, Fine Art & Travel Photography, Webdesign

Recent Profile Visitors

627 profile views
  1. Yes, that's the translation of it.
  2. Not sure what to search for, so it might have been reported before. This is a very obvious and blocking bug. Draw a circle, set it to outline of sufficient stroke width, without fill. It must be a circle, not just an ellipse, to see it well. Now convert this circle object into an outline (not just a curve). What should be left is an outline of the circle stroke, filled with the original circle's stroke colour. This is necessary to apply set geometry operations on the resulting object. It can't be done with a circle object or a curve path. The expected result would be exactly that circle outline. The actual result is somehow deformed but certainly not a circle anymore. See attached image: the red part is the original circle in the back, the black "thing" in the front was converted from it. Affinity Designer 1.7.3 on Windows 10 not a circle anymore.afdesign
  3. What is that you're doing at the end to the right-end node? Why isn't just the single node moving away but the entire segment? Anyway, I've found that I have to deselect the entire circle and can then select each half again. It isn't visible that the line has been broken before the selection is redone.
  4. How does that work? I can open the curve at two points but that doesn't change anything. They're still connected and I cannot remove that half part.
  5. When exporting a document to a PDF that is currently opened in Acrobat Reader, Affinity fails and tells me the permission was denied. It would be more helpful if it asked me to retry. Then I could close the document and the file could be written. Instead I have to start the export again and wait the whole time that it takes. Also, a more appropriate message would be that the file is currently in use in another application. (Applies to Windows)
  6. Publisher 1.7.1 on Windows 10 Create a document and set the colour profile to some CMYK profile (e.g. ISO Coated v2 300% (ECI)) Add some text and set its fill colour to black CMYK 0/0/0/100 Change the colour profile of the document to another CMYK profile (e.g. PSO Uncoated v3 (FOGRA52)) Now the black has changed to some mix Undo the changes to the document settings Expected: The black is now 0/0/0/100 again Actual: The black is still a mix (haven't compared the exact values, anything is wrong) This isn't what I'd expect from an undo operation. Also, this isn't exactly what I'd expect from a colour profile conversion. I have a lot of work now to prepare a document for printing that should be converted to another profile, or they do it themselves (which may result in mix black again which is probably bad for text).
  7. Just an idea: Wouldn't it be great to have subpixel (RGB) anti-aliasing (instead of the current greyscale anti-aliasing) for text display? Like for example any text in most Windows applications (Microsoft Word (seems no more), all desktop) or in Adobe Acrobat Reader for PDF documents. That would make the text better readable for smaller sizes. Now the font outlines look a bit rough. Maybe it could be extended to all other shapes as well to make them look sharper on conventional monitors.
  8. Keller [1].afdesign These bugs appear in different places, just zoom around and see.
  9. It also happens in other parts of the document. Seems also to depend on where the pixels are on the screen. When zooming in and out with Ctrl+Mousewheel while keeping the mouse pointer in the same place, it is more or less reproducible. But when moving the mouse pointer somewhere else between zooming in and out then the behaviour is different. Is there a problem using the GPU appropriately? These devices tend to be very unprecise. Which is okay for high-speed gaming (what they were made for) but unacceptable for this kind of work.
  10. Hi, Today I've got yet another rendering error while zooming for you. See the shared video here: https://ygoe.de/s/TbQHNwJRjJ871pGd There's a path in the document and I've just changed its thickness from what would have matched the part left of it to something a bit thicker. Now I needed to align this thing on the inner edge. But I needed a zoom level where I could see enough detail AND also see the middle resize handle. In this very zoom level, the path isn't rendered fully so I could not complete the task. Please help. AD 1.7.1 on Windows 10.1709 x64
  11. Windows 10.1709 and .1803. Happens on two computers. The second didn't have Publisher (beta) installed before.
  12. Works for me now with v1.7.1. Might have been a wrong bit in the GPU memory somewhere.
  13. Thanks for the hint on the export. This whole concept is new to me and I've only learned the word "spread" today, didn't know its translation yet. So now this is basically one more of these options I have to change for an export each time. I hope I won't forget. I always forget some export setting the first time.
  14. Yes, thank you all for your feedback. This topic is already in the Suggestions forum. Maybe it might be possible one day.
  15. That's an interesting topic for facing pages (which I don't have) but not related to my actual display question.

Important Information

Please note the Annual Company Closure section in the Terms of Use. These are the Terms of Use you will be asked to agree to if you join the forum. | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.