You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

SVG export crash

Excuse me, I do not know exactly what you mean. Save As dialog box does not support other file formats than native afdesign. If it helps, I can also send files generated by Windows after a program crash.

it's work fine for me (WIN 10 & AffinityDesigner 1.5.0.4), export in SVG and opened with ILLUSTRATOR perfectly.

Affinity Designer Beta Win

Adobe Creative Cloud

Intel Core i7 2600 @ 3.40GHz | 32 Go Ram | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780

Yes, I think I understand. But when I exporting, this dialog Save as I do not see, because the program crashed befor. I enclose a picture where I had marked the event at which the program crashed.

post-32875-0-70767700-1467730968_thumb.png

• Staff

Thanks Shalom3, sorry for the confusion but Chris K was right, I just wanted to check if you actually got to name the exported file, which obviously shown from your screenshot you didn't.

This is quite unique, would you be able to let us know what OS you are using, and what specs you computer is running at?

Have you also sent off a crash report?

Thanks, and sorry you are experiencing issues!

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

Thanks Shalom3, sorry for the confusion but Chris K was right, I just wanted to check if you actually got to name the exported file, which obviously shown from your screenshot you didn't.

This is quite unique, would you be able to let us know what OS you are using, and what specs you computer is running at?

Have you also sent off a crash report?

Thanks, and sorry you are experiencing issues!

Thanks Jon P,

OS  specification Win7Professional/64bit/SP1, HW specification Intel Celeron CPU N2820-2,13 GHz-RAM 8GB.Crash report in attachement.

Report.txt

• Staff

Hiya Shalom,

I've had a quick chat with the developers, can you open the run dialog and type %temp% and let me know where it takes you?

Do you get any crashes with clicking any other filetypes on the File > Export dialog?

Thanks, sorry for all the questions, we are trying to get to the bottom of it!

Hi, JonP,

my comments are in your message.

Hiya Shalom,

I've had a quick chat with the developers, can you open the run dialog and type %temp% and let me know where it takes you?

>>Do you think the files that are created in the Temp directory after a crash? I send one file in attachement, second named tpmF83D.tmp was empty.

Do you get any crashes with clicking any other filetypes on the File > Export dialog?

>>Other filetypes are OK, the program has never crashed.

Thanks, sorry for all the questions, we are trying to get to the bottom of it!

SvgDefs_10.txt

• Staff

When you click on an icon in the export dialog, to calculate the filesize I believe it creates a temp file. I thought it might be at that case when it is tripping up.

We have had issues with non unicode characters in directory paths, so I am curious to know if your %temp% directory has any of those characters.

After a crash the crashreport is actually stored in %appdata%\Serif\Affinity Designer\1.0 (Beta)\CrashReports, if you have any files in here please attach them as it will help us investigate this.

Thanks

Yes, you were right. I examined it yesterday and I found that in the user name was specially czech characters and space character. I created another user account with a simple name. Then I launched Affinity again and tried SVG export, and everything is fine. Thank,

• Staff

Ah that is great news, thought it could be something along those lines.

Can you let me know what the username was? I'll get it reproduced here and logged.

Thank you for information. I have it not tried again. The original user account I canceled. I normally do not use special characters (only inside files), this was a mistake. But I'm glad that it was useful to detect this problem. I think the European market could be of interest Affinity.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.