You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Switching Between Drawings

With two or more drawings open, Ctrl Tab does nothing. 

In Preferences, Keyboard Shortcuts, there is no Windows menu to set commands to do this. 

Alt W, Drawing Number, access key shortcuts are a workaround, but why don't the default shortcuts of Ctrl Tab and Ctrl Shift Tab switch document tabs? 

AMD A10-6800K, with Radeon HD Graphics 4100 GHz

8 Gb on Windows 10 64-bit build 17763.316 •  My Free OpenType Fonts

CTRL+Tab appears to be working for me to tab between documents.

If it helps it is working for me also.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800 X. Nvidia GeForce RTX3060 64Gb Ram
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2.5.5 for Windows • Windows 11 (23H2 build 22631 4112) Home
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2.5.5 for iPad Pro 10.5  • iPad OS 17.6

I have recreated my shortcuts, and so far have not reproduced the problem.

The prime suspect is the "Unhandled exception error" that one gets if one tries to save and overwrite an existing keyboard shortcut profile. Saving with a new name gets around that particular problem. 

Confirmed. Repeating the exercise by saving a Keyboard profile over an existing one, gave the error. Each file needed to be recovered on restarting, and the Ctrl Tab shortcut again stopped working, whichever saved shortcut profile I load. 

post-28512-0-46771600-1467658009_thumb.png

AMD A10-6800K, with Radeon HD Graphics 4100 GHz

8 Gb on Windows 10 64-bit build 17763.316 •  My Free OpenType Fonts

• Staff

It seems that I spoke too soon as the problem has cropped up again with my recreated shortcut profile. 

I've reproduced it from scratch. Simply adding a single keyboard shortcut (Ctrl+Q to Exit) and restarting the application is enough to break it. I didn't need to save or load any profiles.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.