You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Dear all,

in Potoshop I could use 'Replace content' for a image in a layer to replace an transformed and positioned image. So new image will get same transformation and positioning as the prevoius one. Just image content is replaced. Is there any similar in Affinity photo?

Explanation:

I have several layers. In the bottom layer I want to replace the image with another image of same size. How can I easily replace that?

This step I need multiple times. I need to replace that single image and print the document, then replace the image again and print the document and so on.

Thanks...

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Thanks for the reply, but it would be possible a screenshot, thank you.

If you can't see the 'Replace Image' button when you select the image with the Move Tool, post a screenshot of the Context toolbar and someone will annotate it for you.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi,

I am having exactly the same problem as above but the screenshots are missing so I can't see the help given.

I am using Affinity Photo on Mac in case that makes a difference.

I would be really grateful for a speedy answer as I need to get a blog post ready to upload, thank you so much

Screen Shot 2018-01-03 at 13.03.08.png

The "Replace Image" button only shows up if you have an Image layer selected with the Move tool. It will not work if the layer is a Pixel layer. The easiest way to get an Image layer into your document is by using the place command, rather than the Open... command or by using Copy and Paste. However, once you have "placed" an image into your document, selecting the Move tool lets you use the Replace Image button. (see below)

5a4ce48b7bb00_ReplaceImage.thumb.jpg.f855abf13d920a3605a3355ecbe01613.jpg

Affinity Photo 2, Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2 (latest retail versions) - desktop & iPad
Culling - FastRawViewer; Raw Developer - Capture One Pro; Asset Management - Photo Supreme
Mac Studio with M2 Max (2023}; 64 GB RAM; macOS 13 (Ventura); Mac Studio Display - iPad Air 4th Gen; iPadOS 17

I'm so glad you found the post. I had to play around with AP until I figured out just what would make it work. I know I've used it before, but I couldn't (at first) remember how! So thank you for jogging my memory!

Affinity Photo 2, Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2 (latest retail versions) - desktop & iPad
Culling - FastRawViewer; Raw Developer - Capture One Pro; Asset Management - Photo Supreme
Mac Studio with M2 Max (2023}; 64 GB RAM; macOS 13 (Ventura); Mac Studio Display - iPad Air 4th Gen; iPadOS 17

• 10 months later...
11 minutes ago, Adriano de Regino said:

This feature would be so much more useful if the "Replace image" button worked with many images at the same time.

How often would you want to replace several different images with the same one?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• 4 years later...
On 11/20/2018 at 12:57 PM, R C-R said:

How often would you want to replace several different images with the same one?

I need to replace the same image (on a template) every day... so it would be VERY handy to have this as a RIGHT MOUSE menu item rather than a menu button. Even better, if one could ALT-DRAG a photo to the existing photo to replace it, keeping all size/rotation etc parameters. This would be even better than having to first choose the menu item, then find the file in File Explorer/Finder.

tx

Mark.