You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

To staff - list of all registered issues

Again. The odds of Serif publicly releasing a list of all bugs, let alone a public bug tracking system, are like 1:1,000,000.
I won't write why because it's obvious. Look at the number of posts in the relevant forum 🤐

If you interested there is a post in "Other new bugs" > 2.4 Beta Bug Fix List, where you can check for newly reported issues and fixes for that issues.
It's a collective list but only for 2.4 beta cycle.

26 minutes ago, bbrother said:

Again. The odds of Serif publicly releasing a list of all bugs, let alone a public bug tracking system, are like 1:1,000,000.
I won't write why because it's obvious. Look at the number of posts in the relevant forum

I'm referring to the errors reported here on the forum. They are freely available to anyone who wants to read them.
Since the bugs are fixed very slowly, I don't have time to follow whether my bugs, for example, have been fixed, let alone others, and report them again.

26 minutes ago, bbrother said:

Other new bugs" > 2.4 Beta Bug Fix List

This thing doesn't allow you to keep track of which bugs have been introduced and which have been fixed. They are corrected selectively and sometimes for years. There are issues that I have already forgotten about, but they are there.

11 hours ago, anto said:

This thing doesn't allow you to keep track of which bugs have been introduced and which have been fixed

Yes it does. You didn't look carefully. But this is only for beta cycle. Not an ideal solution but better than nothing.

Newly_bugs_list.png.d978283c37f55e14632b51f6431538a1.png

@bbrother They are trying to do something similar now, but it's still not the same.  That's what I mean.

• AF-1706 - Artboard name not anti-aliasing correctly when using "more space" on a 4k display (2.4.1)
  • AF-1709 - Crash when ungrouping objects (2.4.2)
  • AF-1711 - Colour Picker tool from within the Colour Panel - missing tooltip
  • AF-1737 - Times New Roman Italic/Bold Italic are failing to export to PDF on Sonoma (2.4.1)
  • AF-1750 - Live Luminosity or Hue Range Masks no longer function on macOS 
  • AF-1706 - Artboard name not anti-aliasing correctly when using "more space" on a 4k display
  • AF-1709 - Crash when ungrouping objects (2.4.2)
  • AF-1711 - Colour Picker tool from within the Colour Panel - missing tooltip (2.4.2)
  • AF-1737 - Times New Roman Italic/Bold Italic are failing to export to PDF on Sonoma
  • AF-1750 - Live Luminosity or Hue Range Masks no longer function on macOS  (2.4.1)
  • AF-1706 - Artboard name not anti-aliasing correctly when using "more space" on a 4k display
  • AF-1709 - Crash when ungrouping objects
  • AF-1711 - Colour Picker tool from within the Colour Panel - missing tooltip (2.4.1)
  • AF-1737 - Times New Roman Italic/Bold Italic are failing to export to PDF on Sonoma
  • AF-1706 - Artboard name not anti-aliasing correctly when using "more space" on a 4k display (2.4.1)

They should be numbered and sorted. Then it's much easier to keep track. Then I can keep track of my number and not report errors several times.

I understand your point of view. I really do. But at the very least, you should appreciate their efforts when it comes to managing errors identified in the beta cycle.
A better managed beta cycle, and bug reporting should at least in theory translate into a better product.

I wish this approach in managing bug reporting was also applied to the entire application not just the beta version. Users should have access to the best possible information. Know the strengths and weaknesses of the application, and the development process. Not everything can be tested over a 30-day trial period.

23 minutes ago, bbrother said:

But at the very least, you should appreciate their efforts when it comes to managing errors identified in the beta cycle.

I appreciate it all. I just write the ideas that come to me. Maybe they will be useful to them.

It's just that the question arises that many mistakes have gone into the archive and their fate is no longer known. You can't easily find and check them among thousands of posts.

31 minutes ago, anto said:

It's just that the question arises that many mistakes have gone into the archive and their fate is no longer known. You can't easily find and check them among thousands of posts.

Good point🤫

4 hours ago, anto said:

They should be numbered and sorted. Then it's much easier to keep track. Then I can keep track of my number and not report errors several times.

Perhaps you should keep a log of the problems you report, and record the number.

Or when a problem has been assigned a tag you might post a "thank you" post with some string you'll be able to search for later with a forum search, to make it easy to find again.

Even with a log like you propose, you won't be able to know which problems are ones you reported from the list that Serif would maintain.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

The Serif bot is still a significant improvement over how it was done before. At least now a clutter of threads will get updated with new information when a fix is finally made. There would be a chance with a forum search to find the bot information for it.

As to bugs you are most concerned with, I recommend to bookmark them and to keep bumping them to check status. That's all you really can do. I have a significant list of some I've reported and a good number of high traffic members here also seem to know most reported bugs that are yet fixed.

Keeping an exhaustive list is probably unintuitive if they're using an official bug tracker. It's better to expose that to the public in some way (with some filtering and necessary design decisions made, I guess) than for poor Patrick/etc to have to retype/C&P that laboriously every week or so one by one. I would not take that job, personally. It's better to have a real time updating system anyway than a slowly updated list. The bot is actually more useful compared to that because it will go into the threads of users and report directly the change in status, whereas only some of us will check for a main list. Unless they put something official in the forum header... then everyone can check that?

1 hour ago, debraspicher said:

than for poor Patrick/etc to have to retype/C&P that laboriously every week or so one by one. I would not take that job, personally

The main thing is to present an idea, and its solution will come.
Recently, I had to migrate from joomla to wordpress and needed to transfer more than 600 audio records to wordpress in such a way that each audio record was a separate article, and the name of each audio record (ddmmyyyyy.mp3) was the date of publication of this article, that is, dd.mm.yyyy. I didn't want to do it manually. So I thought, what if I asked chatGPT to write a Wordpress plugin that would do it for me in a batch. On about the tenth attempt, it produced a working code that did everything for me.
The main thing is to come up with ideas, and there are many ways to implement them today). Maybe this idea will give them other ideas.

Keep in mind that I don't know how to code, I only know the basic basics of css and html.