You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Change hue saturation color for a layer only (=photoshop ctrl+U)

lefox

Hello,

is it possible in affinity ipad, to change the hue/saturation/color for a layer only, though a quick UI, like ctrl+U in photoshop?

For now I go in filter, and have to apply it manually to a layer, then flatten it, it’s a lot of clic.

Thx

What application are you using, and what kind of layer are you talking about? Can you give us a screenshot, including the complete application window and the Layers panel?

A sample document (.afphoto or .afdesign, for example) might also help.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff

Hi @lefox,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
You should be able to invoke the hue/saturation adjustment (HSL) as you do in Photoshop (macOS) using the same shortcut on iPad (in Affinity Photo), that is cmd+U, and tap the merge down button in the adjustment dialog to merge it down immediately, however currently the shortcut isn't working for some reason (I'm checking if this is logged/what's going on). I've logged the issue.
Other adjustments listed in the Settings > Shortcuts like Invert adjustment (cmd+I), Curves adjustment (cmd+M) etc are working fine.

• Staff

Hi @lefox,
If you go to Settings > Shortcuts, Tools section on the right (Photo Persona) and change the HSL Adjust shortcut to something else it will work as you'd expect. Seems there's a conflict with the cmd+U used for underline text and thus it's not working for the adjustment.

• 1 month later...

Hi @MEB, @walt.farrell

thanks a lor for your reply, and sorry for my late reply. 

I’m working with the latest Affinity Photo 2 on iPad.

What you propsed @MEB kind of work, but not totally. Indeed, changing the shortcut make the HSL adjust appears.

BUT what I mean is :

- You have multiple layer, and want to adjust the HSL of only one layer

- You CANNOT preview this HSL on only one layer. You have to call the HSL adjust, change the settings (and then it change it for ALL layerrs above) and then merge.

This workflow is not convinent and make a lot a loosing time.

What I would like to have is a preview of changing the HSL for only one layer.

Is that possible, or is it to put on the wish list?

Thanks.

Click on the layer in the layer stack to get it active/selected. Then the hsl adjustment will be created as child layer and only affect this layer.

Mac mini M1 A2348 | Windows 10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900x - 32 GB RAM - Nvidia GTX 1080

LG34WK950U-W, calibrated to DCI-P3 with LG Calibration Studio / Spider 5

iPad Air Gen 5 (2022) A2589

Special interest into procedural texture filter, edit alpha channel, RGB/16 and RGB/32 color formats, stacking, finding root causes for misbehaving files, finding creative solutions for unsolvable tasks, finding bugs in Apps.

@NotMyFault thanks for your reply.

Im on Ipad and what you describe doen`t seems to work (when I have the layer selected, the adjustement layer  come on the top) BUT indeed I can move the adjustmenet layer above the one I want.

It’s not ideal as it requier a bit of manipulation, but do a part of the job.

Mmmh, affinity team, please this is the kind of stuff that make photoshop still the best…

28 minutes ago, lefox said:

Im on Ipad and what you describe doen`t seems to work (when I have the layer selected, the adjustement layer  come on the top)

Look at the options under ‘Preferences > Assistant’.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

On 2/15/2024 at 3:49 PM, lefox said:

@NotMyFault thanks for your reply.

Im on Ipad and what you describe doen`t seems to work (when I have the layer selected, the adjustement layer  come on the top) BUT indeed I can move the adjustmenet layer above the one I want.

It’s not ideal as it requier a bit of manipulation, but do a part of the job.

Mmmh, affinity team, please this is the kind of stuff that make photoshop still the best…

As Alfred states, change to this setting on the assistant options and your adjustment will only affect your selected layer.

IMG_5820.jpeg

My dad always told me, a bad workman always blames their tools….

Just waiting for Ronny Pickering…..

Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4 on macOS Sonoma 14 on M1 Mac Mini 16GB 1TB
Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4 on Windows 10 Pro. Deceased
Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 2.4 on M1 iPad Pro 11” on iPadOS 17.4 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityForiPad

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityPhoto/

The hardest link to find https://affinity.help

17 minutes ago, Paul Mudditt said:

As Walt states, change to this setting on the assistant options and your adjustment will only affect your selected layer.

I’m Alfred, not Walt, but I’ll let you off since you posted the screenshot that I should have included!

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)