You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Many of the components are just the same component resized/rotated/flipped etc so duplicating/reusing those components will reduce the time considerably

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

3 hours ago, Kenny McG said:

Hello - I'm looking for a Tutor who can help me to produce images similar to the one below.

Can anyone help?

Kenny.

image.thumb.jpeg.41dfb1f9dc4f00aedf7401fa50f0b8ec.jpeg

The basic shapes are simple to draw, however for realistic shading I found this tutorial excellent.

My dad always told me, a bad workman always blames their tools….

Just waiting for Ronny Pickering…..

Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4 on macOS Sonoma 14 on M1 Mac Mini 16GB 1TB
Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4 on Windows 10 Pro. Deceased
Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 2.4 on M1 iPad Pro 11” on iPadOS 17.4 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityForiPad

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityPhoto/

The hardest link to find https://affinity.help

6 hours ago, Paul Mudditt said:

The basic shapes are simple to draw, however for realistic shading I found this tutorial excellent.

The tutorial is very useful if you have a photo to work from like the one from Pexels it uses, but if you are trying to do this from scratch, some knowledge of mechanical drafting techniques is helpful. So for example, this article is probably worth a look.

8 hours ago, carl123 said:

Many of the components are just the same component resized/rotated/flipped etc so duplicating/reusing those components will reduce the time considerably

If you do much of this kind of work, it also may speed things up a bit if you create some assets for commonly used parts like flat & bevel-edged nuts.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.2 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

36 minutes ago, markw said:

And to get you started, here’s some Assets based on your example.

Very minor criticism about that: one is named Shamfered Nut 2, so maybe rename it after installing it...

Also, I renamed the category to "Plumbing by markw" & added an Art text asset that is the URL of your post just so in the future I will know where it came from & who to credit for it. The URL asset is kinda lame, but it is the simplest way I know to document an asset's origin in the app itself.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.2 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

4 hours ago, R C-R said:

Very minor criticism about that: one is named Shamfered Nut 2, so maybe rename it after installing it...

Also, I renamed the category to "Plumbing by markw" & added an Art text asset that is the URL of your post just so in the future I will know where it came from & who to credit for it. The URL asset is kinda lame, but it is the simplest way I know to document an asset's origin in the app itself.

Thank you R C-R🤩 I am humbled by your attention to the details that escaped me!

macOS 10.15.7  15" Macbook Pro, 2017  |  4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU  |  Radeon Pro 555 2GB GPU + Integrated Intel HD Graphics 630 1.536GB  |  16GB RAM  |  Wacom Intuos4 M