You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Is there any limitation posting in the Bug reporting forums?

There is no limit as far as I know.

When during the process of posting, does this happen? Is it, for example, when you click on Start New Topic? Or when you click on Submit Topic?

If it's happening when you click Submit Topic, have you attached any files? If so, what are the file names?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

1 hour ago, JavierBecana said:

I'm attaching a screen recording file named "Freehand 2023-06-05 192719"

What are the format and filename extension of the file that you’re attaching (or rather, trying to attach)?

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

The attached file is a .mp4 video recorded using Windows11 capture software. I'm using Firefox, not using VPN that I'm aware of. It first tried cleaning cookies and all, then posting using MS Edge then renaming the attached file, then removing it. No way. If I can post here, why not there?

@JavierBecana

Unfortunately, I don't think that mp4 file has attached to your post.

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

1 hour ago, JavierBecana said:

It looks like something related to the attached file.

*unattached ;)

Try compressing the file and attaching the resultant *.zip archive here. That’s almost guaranteed to work (although it does mean, of course, that anyone wishing to view the video will have to download the archive and extract the MP4 file from it, instead of simply viewing it directly in the browser).

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Also make sure you attach through the choose files option if it is a local file.
If one just pastes a link into the text it might get rejected.
There's also a limitation to file uploads which isn't this error.
If the dimensions are either to small or to big it will throw an error -200 or alike.

You can also try and see if renaming that file name to something like ...

-  "Freehand_2023-06-05_192719.mp4"
  -  "Freehand_2023.mp4"

... instead before uploading may succeed instead.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

2 hours ago, Alfred said:

*unattached ;)

Try compressing the file and attaching the resultant *.zip archive here. That’s almost guaranteed to work (although it does mean, of course, that anyone wishing to view the video will have to download the archive and extract the MP4 file from it, instead of simply viewing it directly in the browser).

Done, it didn't work. BTW when I say "attached file" I mean "the file I try to attach".

So I could finally post the hypothetical bug. I didn't listen to myself after so many test because I did try to post just the text without attaching any file before and it didn't work, so the problem had nothing to do with the file. First I must explain that every time I tried to submit the post after the first error, I didn't write the whole thing down every time, I pasted the text I was previously saved to a text file in my Windows desktop. It seems there is something wrong doing so. After different several tests I decided to clear the post and write the text from scratch again, directly in the editor. I uploaded just the first line, then I edited the post and completed the writing. Finally I could attach the file in a last step.

That is quite strange I guess. If I edit the post and paste just a single line from the text file, I got the 403 error again. Anyway, if someone in the staff is reading this, they could test what I did, there might be a problem with the post editor or whatever.

BTW this is the post: