You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Buggy UI - Colour Panel -> RGB Hex -> Hex Input

Is the issue you're reporting that when you enter a hex value into the field that the value isn't applied to the selected shape?

What happens if you press Tab or Return after entering the value instead of clicking in another field? On macOS the colour is applied to the selected object regardless of whether I press Tab or Return but I wonder if that would make a difference on Windows.

Yes that works, i am just reporting an edge case that happens when you don't confirm it. Originaly (Before the 2.1 Update) it just applied without having to click enter or tab

I just checked to see if the the field after pasting has to be inside the Colour Panel, and the result is that it can be any action within affinity that defocuses the Hex Input

Is this the same problem you're discussing in the other topic with the nearly identical title?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
    Laptop 2: Windows 11 Pro 24H2,  16GB memory, Snapdragon(R) X Elite - X1E80100 - Qualcomm(R) Oryon(TM) 12 Core CPU 4.01 GHz, Qualcomm(R) Adreno(TM) X1-85 GPU
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.6.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.6.1

20 minutes ago, Ezbaze said:

It most likely is the same but one is in the Colour Chooser and the other in the Colour Panel, so they are also different 🤔

Thanks. The topic titles both say Color Panel, which may have caused my confusion.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
    Laptop 2: Windows 11 Pro 24H2,  16GB memory, Snapdragon(R) X Elite - X1E80100 - Qualcomm(R) Oryon(TM) 12 Core CPU 4.01 GHz, Qualcomm(R) Adreno(TM) X1-85 GPU

You also have a separate one about the Color Chooser: 

-- Walt
PC:

As long as the input field is not left by the TAB key or the Enter key, the entered value is considered as not set.
I do not remember that a change in the HEX input field led to an immediate change of the color display. That would require a permanent plausibility check.

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | INTEL Arc A770 LE 16 GB  | 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 Pro 24H2 (26100.1457)

Affinity Suite V 2.5.3 & Beta 2.(latest)
Interested in a free (selfhosted) PDF Solution? Have a look at Stirling PDF

Before you ask, no!

30 minutes ago, Komatös said:

As long as the input field is not left by the TAB key or the Enter key, the entered value is considered as not set.
I do not remember that a change in the HEX input field led to an immediate change of the color display. That would require a permanent plausibility check.

From what my brain is telling me, it was set by default after pasting before the 2.1 update, this is also how AF 1 did it as well as other software

55 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

You also have a separate one about the Color Chooser: 

I posted 3 separate issues:

1. Hex Input in Colour Chooser 

2. Hex Input in Colour Panel

3. Colour Format dropdown changing for no reason

17 hours ago, Komatös said:

I can confirm what Exbaze is reporting. Checking this in V1, you can mouse-click off a field and it is set. However doing the same in V2.1 it does not. So one or the other could be considered a bug.

Affinity Photo 2.5..; Affinity Designer 2.5..; Affinity Publisher 2.5..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD

1 hour ago, Ron P. said:

So one or the other could be considered a bug.

I rather think it's a design change.

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | INTEL Arc A770 LE 16 GB  | 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 Pro 24H2 (26100.1457)

Affinity Suite V 2.5.3 & Beta 2.(latest)
Interested in a free (selfhosted) PDF Solution? Have a look at Stirling PDF

Before you ask, no!

17 hours ago, Komatös said:

I rather think it's a design change.

That's a pretty bad one then ._. ( If it is, which i doubt )

If it is a design change then it is still a bug, as it updates other fields after pasting and defocusing the hex input field.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

The issue "Hex colour not being applied to object if you click anywhere on UI" (REF: AFP-6211) has been fixed by the developers in internal build "2.1.1.1847".
This fix should soon be available as a customer beta and is planned for inclusion in the next customer release.
Customer beta builds are announced here and you can participate by following these instructions.
If you still experience this problem once you are using that build version (or later) please reply to this thread including @Serif Info Bot to notify us.