You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Unable to Activate Affinity V2 Universal License purchased through Mac App Store

Have left a Facebook Message for support, but no response. As subject indicates I did pay for the universal license via Apple, but my Affinity account is not showing any active licenses for V2, so not able to activate. My Affinity email for login and Apple email for App Store are the same.

Is this just a delay in Apple forwarding the purchase information, or is there something else broken? I can see the Apple purchase on my credit card so I know the in app purchase went through.

Now what?

Brian

My affinitiy store account informs me

"You currently have no Affinity V2 licences"

The account uses the same email address as my Apple ID.

Side question: how are Affinity ID and Apple ID matched anyways? Do email adresses have to match by accident or can a somehow commicate that these accounts belong together?

Have the same or similar problem. Purchased V2 Universal licence in the the Mac apple store. Affinity Design 2 runs with me as registered user (with purchase receipt for V2 Universal licence available to export)in in the 'my account' field in the app. But cannot activate the Affinity V2 license for any other app. My account on the Affinity website (here) also shows 'You currently have no Affinity V2 licences'. 

Licences that are not purchased through the Serif Store will not be displayed in the Serif user account.

If the programmes are not purchased from the Serif Store but from the MS Store or MAS, the programmes are automatically activated.

In the case of purchases in the Serif Affinity Store, activation must be carried out for each programme and platform in the case of single licences; in the case of the universal licence, only one programme per platform needs to be activated. Then all other programmes for the plattform are activated too.

Read here:

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | INTEL Arc A770 LE 16 GB  | 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 Pro 23H2 (22631.3296)
AMD A10-9600P | dGPU R7 M340 (2 GB)  | 8 GB DDR4 2133 MHz | Windows 10 Home 22H2 (1945.3803) 

Affinity Suite V 2.4 & Beta 2.(latest)
Better translations with: https://www.deepl.com/translator  
Interested in a robust (selfhosted) PDF Solution? Have a look at Stirling PDF

Life is too short to have meaningless discussions!

8 minutes ago, Komatös said:

Licences that are not purchased through the Serif Store will not be displayed in the Serif user account.

If the programmes are not purchased from the Serif Store but from the MS Store or MAS, the programmes are automatically activated.

In the case of purchases in the Serif Affinity Store, activation must be carried out for each programme and platform in the case of single licences; in the case of the universal licence, only one programme per platform needs to be activated. Then all other programmes for the plattform are activated too.

Read here:

Well I downloaded Publisher 2 from the Mac App Store, purchased a universal license through in-app purchasing and Publisher 2 has not recognised that it has been purchased. It was not done automatically at all. Since the guidance for unlocking the other apps requires the first one to be activated and logged in to the serif account it is also not possible to unlock the others.

The "Restore Purchases" link at the bottom of the licensing panel does not do anything.

Downloaded the v2 software suite via the Mac Store.  Was able to activate in Affinity Photo 2 by using the buy option and selected Universal Licence. This all just worked through the App Store payment and confirmation process.  Then able to activate the Universal Licence for Affixing Designer 2 and Affinity Publisher 2.  

Lastly checked the Affinity account and the licence detail is displayed in full, including the option for the iPad versions.  

Hope this helps those who appear to have some problems. 

Hardware: iMac Retina 5K 27-inch. Software: Affinity Designer, Affinity Photo and Affinity Publisher.  

I have the exact same issue.

I contacted them via twitter, no response. I contacted Apple, they just told me to talk to Affinity. I found a phone number on their site, but when you call, it takes you through their menu, then when you select to speak to a support department, it just tells you they're closed and hangs up on you

Have to say, this is pretty shoddy behaviour. So I'm £90 down and don't have anything to show for it. Software isn't activated, doesn't work and now I can't work until this is resolved. Thanks a ****** bunch! 🤬 

Having read some of the above, so, the programs are automatically activated, except when they are not automatically activated. And one is sent to the affinity account (here) through the attempted activation, but the fact of having bought it would not be shown, except maybe it is shown. Yes, have read the 'How to register guide' before coming here.

The app (Design 2) tells me that the app is registered to me and that the Universal licence has been paid for, but no other apps can be activated. And I am sent here to see my account.

6 hours ago, Senjaz said:

I managed to get my in-app purchase to activate by attempting to purchase again, when I tried this the app recognised that I had already bought it and showed the activation screen instead of asking to verify the purchase information.

I hope this helps others who are having the same problem.

I tried this and it worked, thank you Senjaz. No thanks to Affinity/Apple for making a complete dog's breakfast of this process.

I can confirm attempting to purchase the license again, worked as well for me.

During the first attempt the dialog for logging into the Affinity Account to link the profile with the purchase did not open, the dialog remained in its previous state as far as I can remember.

Now, the license also appears currently in my Affinity profile.

Thanks everyone!

17 minutes ago, synaptyx said:

I tried this and it worked, thank you Senjaz. No thanks to Affinity/Apple for making a complete dog's breakfast of this process.

I tried the re-purchase trick. No luck for me. iPad and Mac versions of all apps will not activate. Kinda frustrating to say the least

13 minutes ago, synaptyx said:

The app (Design2 Mac) through which I purchased the Universal licence is working, but not any further activation. How is it possible to attempt to purchase again? The only thing I can do is open it. 

Did anyone try this when attempting to activate a different app (for instance Publisher or Photo or an iPad version?

4 minutes ago, bkcca said:

I tried the re-purchase trick. No luck for me. iPad and Mac versions of all apps will not activate. Kinda frustrating to say the least

How far did you go? I went until the AppStore showed the TouchID prompt, where I clicked cancel. By then Designer thanked me for my purchase (I don't think it showed this message during the first try) and asked me to enter my Affinity ID credentials, so the purchase can be linked to the profile.

The last step seems to be key, otherwise your Affinity profile will not know you purchased the license in the AppStore.

6 hours ago, mleich said:

How far did you go? I went until the AppStore showed the TouchID prompt, where I clicked cancel. By then Designer thanked me for my purchase (I don't think it showed this message during the first try) and asked me to enter my Affinity ID credentials, so the purchase can be linked to the profile.

The last step seems to be key, otherwise your Affinity profile will not know you purchased the license in the AppStore.

6 hours ago, mleich said:

Did go as far as next step being double-click to buy and then cancelled, but no joy….

I purchased a Affinity V2 Universal Licence two days ago through the Mac App Store. the payment is confirmed. However, I do not have any notification in my account that I have V2 licenses and I am not able to activate my purchase. 

Can anyone help?

Best// Mansel

Same problem here. I bought a V2 Universal Licence on the App Store, tried to activate it with my Affinity ID, then it tells me the activation was unsuccessful.

I feel like I am missing a step. How does my affinity account recognise that I have purchased through the app store?

Solution:

Instead of choosing the option to validate, I clicked on the V2 UL purchase option once more. It then asked me to sign in and I am now up and running on all devices.

It must have needed this extra step to push the purchase info to my account.

Edited by -Pete
Solution found

• 2 weeks later...

When you try to purchase it again – make sure you are using the exact same app as you bought it with the first time (see recipe in your mail). I used Designer 2 and needed to do it from that app. When I clicked "Purchase" I came to a nice green check mark and with the option to add the activation to my affinity account (which is the only way to activate it with the universal license - if you buy it stand alone you do not need to send it to your affinity account.

After getting the "activation" into my Affinity Account I then could activate the other apps (photo 2, publisher 2) through "I already has purchased this"-option which requires you to login to the affinity account, or just login to the account as normal and ignore the extra popup by chosing "trail".

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/11/2022 at 11:07 AM, Senjaz said:

I managed to get my in-app purchase to activate by attempting to purchase again, when I tried this the app recognised that I had already bought it and showed the activation screen instead of asking to verify the purchase information.

I hope this helps others who are having the same problem.

I tried repaying for the Universal License and although I had already purchased it Apple hallowed me to purchase it twice now I have to get this cancelled so all rather annoying so purchasing the universal license through the App store seems to be pretty pointless. Come on Serif get your act together don’t offer something that does not work. I been using your software for years without an issue licenses or otherwise so how have so badly messed this up?