You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Align a segment of 2 nodes in Affinity Designer

Hi everyone,

I can't find a way to align horizontally or vertically a segment of 2 nodes by moving 1 of them.

For example, I want the left "wall" of my "house" to be perfectly vertical.

And I can't, even when I press shift and click.

And I can't find my answer :)

So if you have it, thanks a lot !

Problemes Affinity 1.gif

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

19 minutes ago, V_rob said:

Of course !!!

Thanks a lot!

But a way to do it more simply would be great in a future version :)

Have a great day

You could select the Node Tool, then select single nodes and enter precise values into the coordinate fields of the "Transform" Studio Panel. This should be an easy and precise way to do what you want.

If you simply want to create a house that consists of a square and a triangle, why don't you simply draw a square shape and a triangle shape and add them to each other with the Geometry function "Add"? You see, there are many simple ways to do the job.

Edit: One additional hint. If you hold the Shift key, the Nodes will snap to a horizontal/vertical axis while you drag it. You can also drag more than one node at a time that way, if you first selected them holding Shift too. It is the same with shapes if you drag them with the Move Tool.

Easiest way in Designer is to select the two nodes using the Node tool and then use the Align left, with Selection Bounds.

1867132514_ScreenShot2022-09-20at9_11_53AM.png.1842d850be0872a0f3664e95757d574c.png

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

7 hours ago, V_rob said:

I can't find a way to align horizontally or vertically a segment of 2 nodes by moving 1 of them.

For example, I want the left "wall" of my "house" to be perfectly vertical.

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.