You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo-macro for adding a signature to an image

Hi there. I would like a little help from someone if possible.  I know how to add a photographer's signature (copyright watermark) to an image but I want, as part of the macro, to set the size of the signature to be a specific % of the overall image size, so that if I apply the macro in a new batch job, the signature will look 'proportional' and not oversize when being added to slightly smaller images. 

thank you for any help you can give. 

Garry

That's not directly possible this way in an Affinity macros, since during the recording of a macro all actual document sizes (x, y, w, h) are here statically burned-into the macro then. Meaning, it doesn't dynamically adapt to the x, y, w, h dimensions of another image here during playback. Thus you would always have to run such a recorded macro on an image/document with the sizes as the one when you recorded the macro. - Sadly Affinity macros don't have the ability to record executes sizing and positioning commands/calls etc. in a dynamic manner!

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

ok, thank you. Maybe, as an alternative solution to 'scaling the watermark' based on image dimensions......I could do this:

1. find the image with the greatest width in a batch of images (I do vary my images sizes sometimes for different purposes)

2. create a watermark/signature

3. add the watermark to each image during a batch process, centering it and aligning it at the bottom of each image, then saving the image etc 

that might work? (I think). of course,

Edited by Canon5D6D7D

You can give it a try, if it works the way you need and if it overall fulfills your needs here.

Other than that do a search through forum thread entries and also make a Google search about topics related to that theme, you should get a bunch of hits, where you might find the one or other additional info. - See for example:

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

I haven't visited the above links, so this might be covered elsewhere. If you want to have it batched into the bottom right corner, should the macro be like this:

1. Rotate document 90° anti-clockwise two times.

2. Place a 180° rotated watermark image somewhere.

3. Use the Transform panel moving the watermark image top-left to 0px-0px.

4. Rotate document 90° clockwise two times.

5. Stop and save the macro.

----------
Windows 10 / 11, Complete Suite Retail and Beta

Actually getting the watermark into the bottom right hand corner is quite easy, because I simply 'place' the file (signature) into the image anyway and use the alignment tools to align it to the bottom, and then to the right. The real issue was to have the watermark 'scaled' so that it represented a % of the overall image so that it looked ok whichever size of image. If I can find a way to reduce the number of different sizes of images used I can then use different macros in batch jobs.......for example

1. assuming I'm using one image size only, I only need one batch job and one macro to put the watermark in the bottom right hand corner. quite easy

2. if I have two sizes of images, size A and size B I could setup two watermark macros (one sized for size A images, one sized for size B images).  Then have a batch job with size A macro applied, and another batch job with size B macro applied.  It just requires me to organise the files in two folders (sizeA and sizeB). I could then run each batch job separately.  

3 hours ago, v_kyr said:

You can give it a try, if it works the way you need and if it overall fulfills your needs here.

Other than that do a search through forum thread entries and also make a Google search about topics related to that theme, you should get a bunch of hits, where you might find the one or other additional info. - See for example:

thank you

• 4 months later...

Hi Try this see if it works for you in creating a signature macro.

Create a PNG image on a transparent background of your required signature. Save it where you can find it.

Open an Image

Go to Maro and press record.

1)ADD Mask (It should be the current layer)

2)Open Filters, Select Apply Image (pick Your Signature)

3) adjust as you wish.

4 )Invert mask

5) Stop Macro Recording.

6) Test Macro

7) Save Macro to Library

😎 Use Macro again 

Move and Size to preference.

Hope this helps

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, szczemp said:

It wold be greaf if I can write in transform panel into width input somethink like 'document.width() / 2'.

You can use w/2 in the Transform panel. But as this topic is about macros, note that this will record the current document's width/2, at the time of recording, as an absolute value. The macro will not perform the calculation on whatever document you run it against.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

38 minutes ago, jfw222 said:

Without all the trouble of making a macro, just open the sig as an image, select it, and move to Asset Panel.   When you want to use it, just move the Asset sig to the desired image, move and resize it.

Part of the original question, though, was about having a macro to facilitate "signing" images using a batch job.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

On 12/21/2022 at 11:12 AM, szczemp said:

It wold be greaf if I can write in transform panel into width input somethink like 'document. Width() / 2'.

On 12/21/2022 at 1:21 PM, walt.farrell said:

note that this will record the current document's width/2, at the time of recording, as an absolute value. The macro will not perform the calculation on whatever document you run it against.

You should/may be able to write an equation to do that as they do not record absolute values

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

On 12/21/2022 at 2:21 PM, walt.farrell said:

You can use w/2 in the Transform panel. But as this topic is about macros, note that this will record the current document's width/2, at the time of recording, as an absolute value. The macro will not perform the calculation on whatever document you run it against.

w/2 works with actualy selected object. It is equal to 50%. In curenty selected object 'document's width/2' should take width of whole document (or canvas) and divide it to half.

Edit:

I found in help 'spreadwidth', it is document width. But this records absoute value at thr time of recording, as You wrote. It would be great if this can be use as relative value.

Edited by szczemp
update