You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

PDF page information includes wrong time

3 minutes ago, DesignStationYT said:

Time zone is set to Yukon Standard Time.

So it’s 11:57 a.m. where you are, but a PDF produced now would be timestamped 10:57?

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

I don't know about PST. Is it normal in your real time zone that it doesn't show a "+" value for any deviation towards PST (or e.g. summer/winter time), as it does to me "+1" for GMT:

1611255889_timeformats.jpg.ae03f427523ac4c84f21685bd9195104.jpg

How about rebooting your mac, possibly in safe boot mode (press Shift until the start sound appeared), then login + reboot normally again?

And, just in case: are your time AND the region settings in macOS set correctly / according to your location?  https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203413

Edited by thomaso

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

Isn't Yukon Standard the same as Mountain Standard without the daylight saving time? Could that be a problem?

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

I can duplicate the problem if I change my timezone to Yukon time. Yukon uses Mountain Standard Time year round now and macOS seems to understand this but Affinity is saving with PST when it should be MST.

image.png.df3b14986902f7e8c6cd4eca9d7b6e4b.png

image.png.e4ab09bad63d7636da5b1f3999526291.png

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

13 minutes ago, MikeTO said:

PST when it should be MST

FWIW: The blue marker appears to be placed outside its highlighted time zone (but rather near the pacific coast) – whereas the blue spot is placed inside my GMT zone:

1274104250_timezoneYukonmarker.jpg.1873ab9830c90f502e12133306a2618b.jpg . 1310814619_timezoneGermanmarkerGMT.jpg.67db6d3945ecd61c3665023a58dc0036.jpg

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

51 minutes ago, MikeTO said:

I can duplicate the problem if I change my timezone to Yukon time. Yukon uses Mountain Standard Time year round now and macOS seems to understand this but Affinity is saving with PST when it should be MST.

image.png.df3b14986902f7e8c6cd4eca9d7b6e4b.png

image.png.e4ab09bad63d7636da5b1f3999526291.png

Not entirely correct. We no longer observe daylight savings changes here, so during the winter months we're equivalent to Mountain Time and in the summer months we're equivalent to Pacific Time.

1 minute ago, DesignStationYT said:

Not entirely correct. We no longer observe daylight savings changes here, so during the winter months we're equivalent to Mountain Time and in the summer months we're equivalent to Pacific Time.

And what is the exact date when the change occurs?

It was around March 9 that the last time-change for you folks happened, if I remember correctly. And it's around March 9 now :)

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

6 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

And what is the exact date when the change occurs?

It was around March 9 that the last time-change for you folks happened, if I remember correctly. And it's around March 9 now :)

There is no change in the Yukon - although some there say they're equivalent to Mountain Time in the winter and Pacific Time in the summer they're actually on MST year round.

Given all the changes to DST in various jurisdictions in the past few years I thought this might be an error in macOS so I created a quick test in Xcode to see what changing the timezone via System Preferences did.

- When I set my timezone to Eastern, my script reported it as Eastern Standard Time, DST not in effect, with DST starting on March 13. Affinity says it's EST as expected.

- When I set my timezone to Yukon, my script reported it as Yukon Standard Time, DST not in effect, with no upcoming DST transition. Affinity says it's PST, not as expected.

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)