You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Photo Benchmark 11021 Results

On 7/6/2022 at 1:58 AM, MikeTO said:

I'll update the table one last time after somebody posts data from a new M2 MacBook Air or MacBook Pro.

And from another MaxTech review for the 10-core M2 MBP. Nice single core CPU but not quite the 12900K - I wonder if it uses 2xNEON or just 128-bit.  Odd that the combined score is higher than the Raster score, I don't think I've seen that before.

Screen Shot AP bench - M2.png

Edited by McD
Added "combined score" observation

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Pandovski said:

I'd rather get the 3060 over the 3060 Ti or the 3070 because of the extra 4GB of VRAM. I've seen 8GB of VRAM slurped just by Affinity at times. When I used the GT1030, the problem was never the lack of graphic processing power, it was always the 2GB VRAM bottleneck. 

This is a single fan 3060 with a 5.1GHz OC 10700K. 

I actually went 12GB precisely because of what you mention. It seems more VRAM is better when it comes to Affinity programs. I'm sure in the future as the GPU is utilized more by design/illustration apps, it would then make more sense to have more than enough VRAM on hand for multi-tasking, especially running different software side-by-side... which is often for some.

The GPU scores seem strongly correlated to CPU, at least on a quick scan. This may have been discussed prior on the forum but I would've missed it. I know it was mentioned earlier in the thread that GPU<->CPU memory speed/bandwidth plays a role which gave Apple M1's a leg up. So...

I've been planning an update for my processor to finish out AM4 probably when AM5 drops. So I guess I'll find out on my machine anyway when I can rerun the benchmark.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have not done extensive tweaks, just a simple All Core > -20 undervolt to the 5800x. Stable 4.5-4.6ghz in cinebench r32 in multi-core... same boost 4.85ghz. I did not uncap it in the BIOS.

I wouldn't add to chart. It's just to show benefits of undervolting in Ryzen. Very competitive for my workload against the 12c chips... also showing once again just how much base clocks help with GPU-accelerated functions/scoring...

benchmark-5800x-neg20-undervolt.jpg.5e4e38f3e92512027a0e3e4ea779ceda.jpg.

• 3 weeks later...

There is no beta version yet, but if anyone is curious about the V2 benchmark, it has been updated to 20000 (lol).

This result is with my overclocks, so it doesn't compare to @Miketo's chart results, but would compare the most to the third column in my most recent post. Although I've changed my RAM to a higher speed recently. That did not really seem impact results really, so I did not post any updates.

I noticed right away the single GPU results are much lower. Did they update the test to rely less on single core performance when testing GPU? We won't know until more people test if it still scales with single core or not.

image.png.690bf5df0b4e58468deceae5142c5485.png

1 hour ago, debraspicher said:

but would compare the most to the third column in my most recent post.

Benchmarks between V1 and V2 are not comparable, according to what it says on the benchmark text. 

Second paragraph of text in the right in your screenshot.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1