You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher for macOS - 1.10.0

• Staff

We are pleased to announce an update for the macOS release of Affinity Publisher, version 1.10.0

Changes in this build

The detailed changes in Affinity Publisher for MacOS 1.10.0 over the release build Affinity Publisher for macOS 1.9.3 are as follows:

Fixes & Improvements:

• Improved performance with:
    • Heavily layered documents (faster rendering during panning and text reflow)
    • Editing speed with long stories
    • Placed images
    • Embedded documents
    • Low-memory conditions
    • Placed PDFs set to Passthrough
    • Documents containing placed documents (Resource Manager)
  • Smaller PDF export file sizes when multiple copies of the same passthrough PDFs are present.
  • Better output of placed PDFs set to Passthrough exported as PDF formats that do not support Passthrough.
  • Added support for most emoji 
  • Improved IME text editing for Japanese and Simplified Chinese languages.
  • Implemented OpenType character variant samples and parameter names.
  • Import keyboard shortcuts from IDML files.
  • Resource Manager:
    • New Relink option for missing resources.
    • New File Type column.
    • EPS files can be linked.
  • Various stability improvements and assorted other fixes.
  • Help and localisation improvement.

UPDATING TO THIS VERSION (Free for existing customers)

The software version can be seen on the splash screen and the About dialog (in application menu, Affinity Publisher > About).

If you’ve purchased from the Mac App Store— updates are done automatically next time you run your software after it is available in the Mac App Store. If this does not happen for you, open the Mac App Store app and go to the Updates page and then Store > Reload page or press CMD+R. This should hopefully force the update to show. Apple sometimes phase roll outs around the world which can mean it may take up to 72 hours for your update to be available.

If you’ve purchased from the Affinity Store— each time you start the software it will check for updates and offer to download and install any available update, or in the application main menu there is an option Check for Updates. You can download the latest installer by logging into the affinity store here and find the order in your account and use the "download" button in there. Alternatively, this new release (and previous versions of Affinity Publisher for macOS) can be downloaded from this link (that installer is NOT for Mac App Store purchases and needs a product key).

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• 2 weeks later...

Really great work guys - Most stable release in a long time, pretty confident about updating my production mac, I'll just give it a day or so👍

ACE!

Daz1.png

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009) 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor Triple boot via OCLP 1.2.1 - Mac OS Monterey 12.7.1, Sonoma 14.1.1 and Mojave 10.14.6

Affinity Publisher, Designer and Photo 1.10.5 - 2.2.1

www.bingercreative.co.uk

On 7/28/2021 at 4:38 AM, Patrick Connor said:

If you’ve purchased from the Mac App Storeupdates are done automatically next time you run your software after it is available in the Mac App Store.

Note that the auto-update occurs only if in System Preferences > Software Update > Advanced the option "Install app updates from the App Store" is enabled.

1317593935_advancedsoftwareupdate.jpg.48393580f0bf12988e08f6e265584450.jpg

If this is set up like the above, the Mac App Store app "Updates" section should show the updates with an install button for each of them.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

A HUGE thanks to the team for this upgrade.

Have been wrestling with my first large Affinity Publisher book project – since moving from InDesign – for a couple of months. The file is north of 400 MB with hundreds of illustrations across 317 pages. Just moving through the file by scrolling in the Pages panel took several minutes, and threw up more beach balls than a record attempt in Florida.

Updated to 1.10 this morning. Completed an author's correction that would have taken several frustrating minutes in less than half-a-minute. This update is a game changer for those of us working with large files. Ten times faster – seems an understatement.

So well done.

And now we know where all that developer effort has been directed for the last several months.

With that work done, can I put my hand up for some developer attention to  supporting variable fonts? An increasing number of new fonts, such as through vendors like MyFonts, include a variable option as matter of course. In the works?

This is a big change for me as well. I just bought Publisher for some little work with my daughter. Now I can't use any of the previous bought programs Designer from the macos store and Photo from the Serif store and publisher as well. Every time I try to place two or more images onto an Artboard either program crashes. I'm really disappointed.

Filip Kayser

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15', Mid 2015)

2,8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7

6 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

• Staff

@Filip Kayser

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums, sorry to hear that.

Please can you follow the instructions in the second post in the thread so we can help you resolve this

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon