You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, Courtney. :)

Which app did you download and where did you download it from? There are no recurring charges for any of the Affinity apps, but if you signed up for something else at the same time (e.g. iCloud storage from Apple) you may have agreed to pay a monthly service charge which is not related to your app purchase.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

48 minutes ago, Courtney Rivers said:

I downloaded from Google. ... I downloaded Affinity deaign.

Affinity Designer is not available legitimately from Google as far as I know. It is available via the Mac App Store, the Microsoft Store, and the Serif Affinity Store. There are some other authorized resellers in some parts of the world, but I doubt that Google is one of them.

Can you provide more information about where you purchased the program? The URL of the site where you purchased?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

11 minutes ago, Courtney Rivers said:

Affinity.serif.com

Thanks. In that case I'm not sure what you meant by downloading from Google.

But it seems you purchased from Serif, so if you have any questions about charges I would suggest contacting them via email to affinity@serif.com, and they should be able to help you further. Email is best as the discussions often require disclosing information that should be kept private, which you cannot do here in the forums.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

• 8 months later...
11 hours ago, Ashley Dubry said:

I have a charge on my account 51.00 from a google affinity app which was not me that placed it don’t even know what it is 

You have malware that has taken your bank or credit card data. You should immediately instruct your credit institution to block the credit card and/or charges for the recipient of the booking.

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | INTEL Arc A770 LE 16 GB  | 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 Pro 23H2 (22631.3296)
AMD A10-9600P | dGPU R7 M340 (2 GB)  | 8 GB DDR4 2133 MHz | Windows 10 Home 22H2 (1945.3803) 

Affinity Suite V 2.4 & Beta 2.(latest)
Better translations with: https://www.deepl.com/translator  
Interested in a robust (selfhosted) PDF Solution? Have a look at Stirling PDF

Life is too short to have meaningless discussions!

• 1 year later...
On 4/19/2023 at 6:57 PM, Marsha Angry said:

I did not subscribe for any automated payments to be withdrawn from my account. I have already asked for a full refund for the last 3 months you all have been stealing my money 🤬🤬

Hi Marsha and welcome to the forums. Serif does not charge a monthly fee for Affinity. If you have a monthly charge showing up on your statement it may be fraudulent activity and unconnected to Serif as pointed out by others in this thread. Please contact affinity@serif.com for questions.

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

• 7 months later...
39 minutes ago, Lamar S. said:

I have a charge of $29.99 showing up for Google Affinity I have no idea what that is. How do I get my money back?

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums. 

Can you give us a screenshot of what you're seeing, with any account details and your email obscured.

That doesn't sound like anything I've heard of.

-- Walt
PC:

16 minutes ago, Lamar S. said:

I have a charge of $29.99 showing up for Google Affinity I have no idea what that is. How do I get my money back?

Inform your bank and/or credit card company and have payments to Google blocked. And if possible, have the money reversed.

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | INTEL Arc A770 LE 16 GB  | 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 Pro 23H2 (22631.3296)
AMD A10-9600P | dGPU R7 M340 (2 GB)  | 8 GB DDR4 2133 MHz | Windows 10 Home 22H2 (1945.3803) 

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome to the forums @Tygyzzy

As mentioned above, there’s no such thing as “Google Affinity” and the Affinity applications are not available from Google.

Also, Serif – who make the Affinity applications – only charge once for each purchase and there are no subscription fees.

If you are being repeatedly charged by someone then it’s probably not Serif doing it and, if so, there’s probably not much that Serif can do about it.

See the post above by Alfred about possible scams.

To all of you...

Facebook, DEEZER, Spotify and other services have experienced data theft in the past. Your data may also have been stolen.

You can check whether you have been affected by a data leak on the page linked below.

https://haveibeenpwned.com/