You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

sign in error to account from affinity photo 1.9

Hey @ian kelsall, sorry to hear you're having this problem. I may have got lucky and slid in at a lull or something. It could be their server is extremely busy due to just releasing this. I hate that generic error message, something went wrong, duh.. :)

You might try again a little later to see if you're able to.

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD

• Staff

Hi @ian kelsall,

Thanks for reporting this. We're currently looking into some issues which seem to be affecting a small number of customers when attempting to register. I've just got a couple of questions if that's ok:

1. Did you purchase the app via the Microsoft Store?
  2. What version of Microsoft Store do you have running (found towards the bottom of the Settings page)?
  3. What's the version number of c:\windows\system32\RuntimeBroker.exe?

Thanks a lot

Hi all, I am having the same issues (its actually happening across photo, designer and publisher). Tried signing in (as per new initiative in v 1.9) and getting same message as @ian kelsall. Further down it also states the following... http request failed with error code 'NotFound' . I am running software that comes direct via affinity (not microsoft store). Looking at error, suspect issue is either with program or affinity servers. 

affinity fault.jpg

Here I'm having this problem just with Affinity Photo, Designer and Publisher were ok.

Error message:

Failed to connect to affinity.api.serifservices.com port 443: Bad

access

Affinity Photo 2.0.4  |   Affinity Designer 1.10.5.1342 | Affinity Publisher 1.10.5.1342

Windows 10 Pro 22H2 64bit | Intel Core i7 8750H @ 2.2 GHz | Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 (Studio Driver) | Intel UHD Graphics 630 | 16 GB Dual Channel DDR4

https://www.flickr.com/photos/owlp

• Staff

Hi,

Thanks for everybody's help with this. We're still looking into it and have a couple of questions.

Can anyone in this thread who hasn't already please answer the following questions (assuming you're still having problems registering of course!)? Note there's an extra question I haven't previously asked!

1. Did you buy the app from the Microsoft Store?
  2. What version of Microsoft Store do you have running (found towards the bottom of the Settings page)?
  4. Are you running any anti-virus software? If so, what is it?

Thanks in advance! Your help is much appreciated!

Information previously provided: Microsoft store, version 12011.1001.1.0 - I am unable to figure out the run broker exe version

Are you running any anti-virus software? If so, what is it? Windows security (updated daily)

On a similar vein but not asked for.. I do run Adblock (not sure if relevant but figure it would not hurt to include).

34 minutes ago, DanG said:

1. No .. Affinity-Store .. and so 2. & 3. should be irrelevant.

4. No.

YES
    Version 12011.1001.1.0
    Only the built-in Windows 10 security

2 hours ago, DanG said:

Hi,

Thanks for everybody's help with this. We're still looking into it and have a couple of questions.

Can anyone in this thread who hasn't already please answer the following questions (assuming you're still having problems registering of course!)? Note there's an extra question I haven't previously asked!

Thanks in advance! Your help is much appreciated!

1. no

2. -

3. 10.0.19041.746

4. just Windows Defender

Affinity Photo 2.0.4  |   Affinity Designer 1.10.5.1342 | Affinity Publisher 1.10.5.1342

Windows 10 Pro 22H2 64bit | Intel Core i7 8750H @ 2.2 GHz | Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 (Studio Driver) | Intel UHD Graphics 630 | 16 GB Dual Channel DDR4

https://www.flickr.com/photos/owlp