You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Lost Page Navigation Bar for Publisher

Change your username to something other than your email, spammers will love you if you don’t 😉

You can control all the panels you want from View > Studio so in your case View > Studio > Pages

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

10 minutes ago, firstdefence said:

Change your username to something other than your email, spammers will love you if you don’t 😉

You can do that here: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/settings/username

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

1 hour ago, warren.taylor@euramark.co. said:

I have 'lost' the Page Navigation Bar (bottom left corner) in Publisher. How do I get it back?

That navigator in the lower-left corner of the window is part of the Status Bar, and the Affinity applications do not allow you to hide that (except by making unsupported modifications directly to one of the underlying configuration files). So I'm not sure how you could lose it.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

7 hours ago, warren.taylor@euramark.co. said:

I have 'lost' the Page Navigation Bar (bottom left corner) in Publisher. How do I get it back?

The Tab key will hide that Page Navigation Bar and all other "dialogues/tools/etc"

If you have then used...

View > Show Tools
View > Show Context Toolbar
View > Show Toolbar
View > Studio > Hide studio (uncheck)
etc

...to get these back, the Page Navigation Bar will still not show but the interface will look normal

Try pressing the Tab key a couple of times to see if the Page Navigation Bar returns

If it does not please upload a full size screenshot of what you are seeing

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Many thanks everyone for your kind help. I have changed my Username.

The action of pressing Tab button helped. On the 5th press of Tab, the Page Navigation Bar reappeared.

I have a free trial version while I assess the package. I note there does not seem to be a place to check for updates. Have I missed something?

Thanks again,

Warren

Page Navigation Bar.JPG

The trial versions of the software probably (I haven't checked) don’t have any update functionality as they only ‘live’ for 10 days, whereas updates only come around every few months or so - even if this is very quick compared to some other software.

If purchased from Serif, when using a full version you get a pop-up dialog, upon start-up of the software, telling you that a new version is available with a button you can press to download it. There is no “Check for Update” facility, you get the notification automatically every time you start the software until you update.
I don’t know what happens if you got the software from the Apple or Microsoft Stores.

A good choice; if you buy from Serif directly then they get all the profit from the sale, rather than having to share it with Microsoft or Apple.
I’ve heard no news on when the Publisher Workbook will be coming, only that there’s something ‘in the works’ (if I remember correctly), but I don’t work for Serif or have any affiliation with them.

Thanks. I have used InDesign about 2 years ago and it worked well, but was too 'heavy duty' for my ongoing needs. Hence my search for a reasonable alternative, which Publisher seems to be.

I am putting a text frame on top of an inserted photo. In InDesign, it was possible to have a radiused corner to the text frame. I cannot locate how to apply a radius to the corner of a text frame, such as you can for a photo frame. Any suggestions as to where I should look? I'm setting up a Master Page to include photos.

Thanks.

Caption text.JPG

16 minutes ago, WarrenT said:

I cannot locate how to apply a radius to the corner of a text frame, such as you can for a photo frame. Any suggestions as to where I should look?

Create stylish frame designs for your images and text in Affinity Publisher - Affinity Spotlight

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

4 hours ago, GarryP said:

There is no “Check for Update” facility, you get the notification automatically every time you start the software until you update.

There is one on Mac versions sold directly by Serif, I believe.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

Thanks. I have now purchased and upgraded my Publisher, and can confirm no manual Check for Updates function.

I have imported a doc from InDesign (converted INDD to IDML), and I note that Publisher will not show any of the footnotes. Is this correct?

Thanks

6 minutes ago, WarrenT said:

I have imported a doc from InDesign (converted INDD to IDML), and I note that Publisher will not show any of the footnotes. Is this correct?

Publisher does not yet support footnotes nor endnotes.

-- Walt
PC:

• 4 months later...
On 11/1/2020 at 8:40 AM, firstdefence said:

panels you want from View > Studio so in your case View > Studio > Pages

I have lost the Pages/Master in left studio. The suggestion that it lies under the View>Studio>Pages doesn't appear in Version Mac Aff Pub. 1.9.1 (or perhaps 1.9.5 ?) see attached image.

How does one reinstate the Pages Panel into Left Studio when one cannot find it in the Studio List ?

Studio-PageOptionMissing.jpg

45 minutes ago, Charter said:

I have lost the Pages/Master in left studio. The suggestion that it lies under the View>Studio>Pages doesn't appear in Version Mac Aff Pub. 1.9.1 (or perhaps 1.9.5 ?) see attached image.

How does one reinstate the Pages Panel into Left Studio when one cannot find it in the Studio List ?

Studio-PageOptionMissing.jpg

image.png.01fc28593221b5adf7dc2df6f076cc11.png

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

5 hours ago, Charter said:

You need to be in Publisher, and in the Publisher Persona (not the Designer or Photo Persona).

-- Walt
PC:

Thank you guys. I now see a purpose fOR those icons.  May I add something that I found annoying in the help files? When I was searching for how to open the Pages/Master panel(s) , the help advice is about the panel (Pages or Master) once it was ALREADY OPEN . I did not come across advice to check the Persona. Nevertleless thank you very much W.F and 1stdefenvce

• 1 month later...
On 11/1/2020 at 5:38 AM, carl123 said:

The Tab key will hide that Page Navigation Bar and all other "dialogues/tools/etc"

If you have then used...

View > Show Tools
View > Show Context Toolbar
View > Show Toolbar
View > Studio > Hide studio (uncheck)
etc

...to get these back, the Page Navigation Bar will still not show but the interface will look normal

Try pressing the Tab key a couple of times to see if the Page Navigation Bar returns

If it does not please upload a full size screenshot of what you are seeing

thanks,

that helped :-)