Our response time is longer than usual currently. We're working to answer users as quickly as possible and thank you for your continued patience.

Dimensioning tool, please!

I wish top add my name and voice to the above requests. I am a structural engineer in UK and I have used Draw Plus for years to convey ideas, provide technical drawings and to illustrate calculations.  I want now to be able to use  Affinity to produce my technical sketches etc so need the dimensioning and scaling routines.  It is a real disappointment that Affinity with all its power and ability cannot provide the basic functionality of dimensioning which all drawing and sketching packages should have.

• 2 months later...

+1 

I'm an Affinity Photo for iPad and Desktop user but I use Designer on iPad only.

If I had this for Designer I'd go for it on the Desktop too for sure. It's really the only thing making me stand because, as an Architect I need this for everyday work and even if the vector tools I use are rudimentary compared to Designer, they allow dimensioning...

Edited by JQL
Incomplete feedback

• 4 months later...

Same here. I’m trying to convince the exhibit company I work for to switch to Affinity products. We need to have the dimension tools to make it worth it. We could save money by dropping down to a couple Adobe licenses instead of a handful. C’mon Serif! Let’s get this done!! 

Edited by Damion Hill
Misspelling

• 4 months later...

Just bought Affinity Designer after researching vector drawing tools for a Mac. Expected it would have dimensioning since that is standard on so many other tools. Couldn't find it anywhere and bumped into this thread looking for it.

People have been asking for this since it came out, but for some reason they have not responded. 
I, for one, might have ordered it, but I continue to use Draw Plus, which has dimensions.

• 1 month later...
On 2/26/2021 at 1:55 PM, Jay K Elemenopy said:

Let me be quite clear about this: Affinity, you are losing out on MASS ADOPTION of Designer as a production tool for this ONE SINGLE FATAL DRAWBACK.

True.   I am baffled why a company would invest so much to develop this product and omit such a basic function.  I've emailed support twice in the last year and still there's no word on when this will be available.  I paid for an affinity license over a year ago, but until they add dimensioning to the app I will continue to use Intaglio as my primary drawing tool.   

• 3 months later...