Jump to content

VolkerMB

Members
  • Content count

    96
  • Joined

  • Last visited

About VolkerMB

  • Rank
    Member

Profile Information

  • Location
    Hamburg, Germany

Recent Profile Visitors

589 profile views
  1. Hi Walt, sorry for being late to respond. You are right! I did the math: In a setup of 300 dpi a character of 12pt should comprise appr. 50 dots - in print and on screen. And it does in Affinity Photo, too (I've countet them!). So my complaint was not justified, because the app does it correctly. Still I find the display on the screen pixelated... Need to get used to it. Cheers, Volker
  2. "When it is ready!" That is the usual response Serif gives. And Serif has good reasons for being relunctant to announce any date: They haven't decided on the feature set available in the initial release and the developers are still busy fixing some bugs. So don't expect the product to hit the shelves anytime soon.
  3. Apparently I have different expectations from what is actually displayed in pixel mode... To answer your question: In split view (AD) it looks as bad as in APh. But here comes my point: If I set up a document in AD with 300dpi and place this document in another document in APh (with 300dpi, too) I expect smoothly displayed characters. Because if printed they are smooth at 300dpi. The pixel mode in AD somehow simulates how the design looks on a screen with 72 or 96dpi (at least to my eye). Shouldn't it take the document's dpi setting into account?
  4. Hi Callum, thanks for your quick reply. Unfortunately the workaround in the quoted thread doesn't address the issue. In order to be able to replicate the issue: Create a A5-sized document in APh (at 300dpi) Draw a rectangle with a background colour othen than grey Place a simple vector file that includes text made with AD (made with 300dpi) at a reasonable size (e.g. 10cm in width) Now that the imported graphic looks very pixelated, doubleclick on it in order to open the embedded file Surprisingly even the embedded vector graphic looks very pixelated (to an extend I did not expect at 300dpi) Or are my expectations of how it should look like wrong? Cheers, Volker
  5. Yep, that was the right question to ask! I run my system at a scaling of 115%. Set back to 100% APu does not crash when undocking the paragraph panel. But it does the moment the system is back to 115% (or any other individual scaling factor). Still two questions remain: Why is only the paragraph panel affected? And why does the crash do not occur when running APu set to English? Cheers, Volker
  6. Hi there! I'm a bit confused here: In AD (1.6.5.123) I created a business card design using text and vectors only. Afterwards I used APh (1.7.0.284) to create an A5 sized design (at 300dpi) in which I placed (file -> place) the business card at its original size (file format: .afdesign). Unfortunately the placed business card appears pixelated to an extend I didn't expect. Additionally the text elements seem to have a greyish outline which they shouldn't. At a zoom level of just 300% it looks quite bad. Even if I doubleclick in APh in order to open the embedded AD-file the business card looks pixelated at a zoom level of 100%. How can that be with a setup of 300dpi? You'll find the documents I played with attached. Any ideas what I did wrong? Or is it a known problem with AD/APh? Cheers, Volker businesscard.afdesign testdesign.afphoto
  7. VolkerMB

    Onedrive sync problem

    Hmmm... I've followed your steps: But it works fine at my end here. Maybe it is a problem specific to your OneDrive account? Do you have another account to try out?
  8. VolkerMB

    SVG import incorrect

    Hi there! I am not british, but this does not look correct: Download the flag of United Kingdom from Wikipedia (Download: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/ae/Flag_of_the_United_Kingdom.svg) into APh .123 or APh .284 (file -> place) and compare it with the same file displayed in any browser. Best, Volker
  9. VolkerMB

    Recovered Lost File Issue (.284)

    Yes, same problem at my end, too. Total mess with untiteled documents and allegedly lost files. All original files were saved on an external HDD (no SSD), permanentely attached to the computer. (AD .284, Win 10)
  10. Have just recorded the issue using the latest beta .283. Again, two observations: The crash happens if APub set to any language but English. Only the paragraph panel is affected. Others work just fine. Affinity-Publisher-glitch.mp4
  11. No, not at all. All machines at the office are standard laptops without any fancy additions. They just have an external display attached (some colleagues have the internal display turned off). But there are no tools installed that interfere with the display. In particular none of the tools listed by Serif as problematic. (Screen recording still pending... sorry for the delay)
  12. Great idea! "PubMaker" (or even better: "ClubMaker"). You want to run a pub? Then this is the perfect app for you. Only today with a beer for free!
  13. Yes, it is capable of doing the job. But keep in mind: Never ever use beta software for real clients and real projects! You might run into problems for which no solutions are available at the time you encounter them. For the time being, stick to Indesign, PagePlus or QXP for real projects.
  14. Indeed, reducing (merge visible) to one layer solved the problem: The brochure got exported correctly with the Wellisch photo reduced. Which means: Apparently images in the .afphoto file format need to be reduced before placed in APu. I expected it to work flawlessly even without this extra step, but now that I know I can live with it.
×