CRK

Dimension lines / scaled drawings

I use drawing scales and dimension lines in DrawPlus X8 a lot and am currently assessing whether I can move to Affinity Designer. I have failed to find similar features so far. Are they hidden somewhere under new names, are they planned to be implemented in the future or are they simply missing from affinity products?

There is no facility for dimension lines and scaling, whether they are added later is open to speculation but for the foreseeable future I doubt it.

Is there a roadmap of future features available?
Yes – the current Affinity Designer roadmap is here and the Affinity Photo roadmap is here. Note all the features listed here will be made available in free 1.X updates.

Although I've just tried accessing the roadmap pages and I get an error page.

iMac 27" Late 2015 Fully Loaded, iMac 27" Mid 2011 both running High Sierra 10.13.6 - Affinity Designer/Photo, Publisher Beta 1.7.0.140, Illustrator CC, Inkscape, Blender, Sketchup, Pepakura Designer, MTC, Pixelmator & Pixelmator Pro + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9 B|  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials Instagram & Flickr - Affinity Live 19th June 2019

10 hours ago, firstdefence said:

Is there a roadmap of future features available?
Yes – the current Affinity Designer roadmap is here and the Affinity Photo roadmap is here.

Have you tested those links recently? Neither one works for me. For both I get a message saying "We could not locate the item you are trying to view" with an error code.

Affinity Photo 1.7.2, Affinity Designer 1.7.2, Affinity Publisher 1.7.2; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.153 & Affinity Designer 1.7.2.6 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iOS 12.3.1

3 hours ago, R C-R said:

Have you tested those links recently? Neither one works for me. For both I get a message saying "We could not locate the item you are trying to view" with an error code.

Me too!

Windows 10 Pro (Desktop). Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 1.7.1

4 hours ago, R C-R said:

Yes I posted the links after I tried them, I thought it may have been a temporary page down or something my end wasn't working but obviously it's neither.

The links need updating.

Note: seems they might be updating, tweaking the roadmap pages that is why they cannot be found. It would have been better to put up a holder page with info on what was happening like..."We are currently updating the roadmap pages, thank you for your patience."

iMac 27" Late 2015 Fully Loaded, iMac 27" Mid 2011 both running High Sierra 10.13.6 - Affinity Designer/Photo, Publisher Beta 1.7.0.140, Illustrator CC, Inkscape, Blender, Sketchup, Pepakura Designer, MTC, Pixelmator & Pixelmator Pro + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9 B|  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials Instagram & Flickr - Affinity Live 19th June 2019

5 minutes ago, firstdefence said:

The links need updating.

I think it is that the roadmap pages have been removed, so there is more to it than just updating the links.

Affinity Photo 1.7.2, Affinity Designer 1.7.2, Affinity Publisher 1.7.2; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.153 & Affinity Designer 1.7.2.6 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iOS 12.3.1

The roadmap mystery continues... :ph34r:

The roadmap pages have been MIA for ages! There’s been some quite lively discussion about the decision to hide the 1.x roadmap from public view.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.2.471 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.2.153 • Designer for iPad 1.7.2.6 • iOS 12.4.1 (iPad Air 2)

20 minutes ago, Alfred said:

The roadmap pages have been MIA for ages! There’s been some quite lively discussion about the decision to hide the 1.x roadmap from public view.

The discussions in those two topics had become "quite lively" long before they were hidden, & much of it had become inflammatory. :(