You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi, I have a huge issue with Affinity Designer after upgrading to version 1.7... It works super bad, loading every document few times longer than version 1.6.

Recently I created a new file with a few artboards inside. The file is around 250 MB. If you want to open it, it takes around 4 minutes (SIC!). I'm on Macbook Pro 15, mid 2015, 16gb ram and Iris Pro graphics. The document is very small, Affinity Designer 1.6 was able to open documents bigger than 1 GB in around 4-5 seconds on my Macbook.

It is completely unusable.... To compare: Affinity Publisher opens a 200 pages catalogue project in about 12 seconds (file size: 3,5 GB)

I would like you to solve this issue or providing a DMG files of version 1.6. 

Otherwise I would like to request a refund, because version 1.7 works super bad:(

• Staff

Hi Ziemo,

Welcome to the forums :)

Unfortunately I can't offer you a 1.6.DMG or a refund as I'd imagine you have had the app for more than 14 days. However I should hopefully be able to solve this issue with you. If possible could you provide the file in question?

Thanks

Callum

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

• "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.

10 minutes ago, ziemo said:

anyone there?... I had more files with this kind of problem...

I suppose going back using Time Machine is no option for you … well, I just meant to mention this, in case you hadn’t thought of it. :)

Maybe @MEB can move this along and provide an Affinity Dropbox link?

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/staff/

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

• Staff
1 hour ago, firstdefence said:

Maybe @MEB can move this along and provide an Affinity Dropbox link?

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/staff/

I've been dealing with this over PM as your probably aware we don't work weekends so I've only just been able to pick this up again.

2 hours ago, ziemo said:

hi, any update?.... It's really hard to work with this software now:(

Sorry for the delay I will get back to you soon.

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.