Matthias

Layers panel behavior: jump to the selected element

Very often I’d like to know what’s going on with a selected element in the Layers panel in order to do things like applying a mask (or getting rid of it) etc. pp.

As the Layers panel can be quite populated this means a lot of scrolling. Hence my proposal: When the layer triangle is open (revealing the single elements of the layer) it would be great if the current selection (being one single element) jumped in the middle area of the Layers panel so one would immediately see what’s going on above and below it and had immediate access to all of it’s layer properties.

Expanding on the same idea this could be a toggle (placed near the Edit All Layers button), that when pressed always display the object selected on the canvas in the layers panel. Similar to what the right-click menu entry Find in Layers Page do, but working in realtime when pressed. Drawplus has a similar function if i remember correctly.

Yes, it would be useful. In Cinema 4D there is an option called "Scroll to first active" that is so useful that I turned into a button, near the Object Manager (a list of all objects in the scene).