You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Is Affinity Publisher only DTP, or web pages as well?

DTP currently with more emphasis on printing than web publishing. The later will then be surely added over time.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

54 minutes ago, Cyranose said:

Thanks.  Just wondering.  Currently looking for Dreamweaver replacement.

Are you on Mac or Windows?

For Mac there is Rapidweaver, Blocs, Pinegrow and a few others, there are also online solutions. 

Maybe tell us at what level you are working at? hobby site, personal, do you code? etc etc!

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

firstdefence,

Thanks for your response.  I'm using Windows.  I have Dreamweaver CS6, and it could be better for responsive website design, and I refuse to go to Adobe CC and RENT software.  Mostly personal, but I have designed sites for others.

I'd welcome your suggestions.

Thanks,

Cyranose

19 minutes ago, jrkay said:

I think [WebPlus X8 is] still obtainable on ebay.

Copies of WPX8 used to be fairly readily available on Amazon Marketplace and eBay, but they seem to be a bit thin on the ground now. In any case, its fixed layout means it’s no good for responsive design, so something like Mobirise or WYSIWYG Web Builder (the latter producing adaptive rather than responsive sites) is probably a better option.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

36 minutes ago, jrkay said:

I recently put together a website at http://colchesterquakers.org.uk

I’ve just taken a quick look at your site, John. I know you haven’t asked for a critique, but I thought I should take this opportunity to mention that the page titles (‘Home’, ‘Our History’, etc) are in need of attention: you obviously want to keep the page names short for the navigation elements, but the titles which appear in a browser tab are offered as the default text for bookmarks and are also indexed by search engines, so it’s best to include the site name. I also spotted a couple of typos.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

fyi, a webpage created with a software(especially visual builders) is not maintainable in most of case since they have particular logic and html structure for itself that's not compatible with other software.
This includes Dream Weaver.
So the only way to make them 100% maintainable is to use a code editor.

Otherwise those pages you created with something will be broken on a new software, or it's easier to just recreate them with a new software.
That's one thing I'm sure in my experience as I've been a web developer for more than 20 years.

Thanks to everyone.  You've given me a lot of different programs to look over!  (More than you thought, since looking up Rapidweaver led me to "Rapidweaver substitutes" and gave me some more Wndows links to follow, too.) 

I'm not up to JUST coding it all in at this point -- my skills need updating, and I want to be able to accomplish things while I add to my knowledge. 

I gather responsive webwork is vital at this point, so I'm focusing on programs that are still "alive" and being updated.  Else I'd certainly check out the one by Affinity's parent company, Serif.  Pinegrow has caught my eye, but I'll look over most of the ones I ran into before deciding on one or two to explore further.

Thanks again!

Cyranose

Wysiwyg Web Builder appear to have a version called Quick n Easy Web Builder (QEWB) that supports Mac, Linux and Windows. They have used the same template for QEWB, even the colours are the same.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions