dmstraker

Myopic distress in file access dialogue

In Control Panel / System / Display, you can set 'Scale and layout' to such as (for my 40" 4K display) 150%.

Much of AP respects this, giving decent-sized text. However, when you do file access, such as opening or exporting files, it is displayed at the equivalent of 100%. For us visually challenged folks, this required stressful nose-to-screen squinting.

Dave Straker

Cameras: Sony A7R2, RX100V

Computers: Win10: Chillblast Photo with i7-3770 + 16Gb RAM + Philips 40in 4K; Surface Pro 4 i5

Favourite word: Aha. For me and for others.

Hi Dave.

I think I know what you mean—my system does this from time to time and I've never found the trigger. Sometimes, my 'Open' dialog displays the text on a minute scale... This also happens with Outlook and a few other apps. I've always put it down to Windows usually doing a pretty poor job of scaling apps when you have different size monitors with different DPI scaling options.

A few questions:

1. Are you certain only Affinity does this?
  2. Can you provide a screenshot?
  3. Does it happen every time for you?
  4. Does it affect the release?

Cheers.

1. Are you certain only Affinity does this?
    • Not 100%, but certainly in the upper decile.
  2. Can you provide a screenshot?
    • Below
  3. Does it happen every time for you?
    • Yup
  4. Does it affect the release?
    • Release what?
    • It is happening in 1.6.

image.thumb.png.1dbf7a58ddfe2bb3bc000124400f38b8.png

Dave Straker

Computers: Win10: Chillblast Photo with i7-3770 + 16Gb RAM + Philips 40in 4K; Surface Pro 4 i5

And full clip, dual screen:

442471088_bluebellscreens.thumb.jpg.e37131936e71a4ab86b9ccc139d6f22e.jpg

Dave Straker

I think this is Windows just being a pain. I get it daily with Outlook and only occasionally in Affinity when using Explorer.

It only started happening when I swapped one of my 24" 1080p panels for a 27" 4k panel. I've spent more time than I would care to mention trying to fix it in my Windows/ Nvidia settings.

6 hours ago, Chris B said:

I think this is Windows just being a pain. I get it daily with Outlook and only occasionally in Affinity when using Explorer.

It only started happening when I swapped one of my 24" 1080p panels for a 27" 4k panel. I've spent more time than I would care to mention trying to fix it in my Windows/ Nvidia settings.

It's also happening with my 4K (also NVidia: GForce GTX 650). Maybe Microsoft needs to keep up. Do you have a developer's moan zone you can post on? I'm less than a flea in the trillion dollar MS world. I updated the NVidia drivers, to no avail.

And yet PS, even old CS6 handles it ok...

image.thumb.png.e8903b52bc7d10c8587344e63e46ef53.png

Dave Straker