makspyat

Ctrl+Shift+Clicking Thumbnail?

Hi Everyone

it seems that Ctrl+Shift+Clicking the rasterized layer's thumbnail does not select all pixels with luminosity above 50% which is a very common practice to create a luminosity mask.

The same combination is working in AP 1.6.5 - so please fix!!

Hello @makspyat,

Try the keyboard shortcut CTRL + ALT and left mouse click on the thumbnail.

Cheers

Affinity Photo 1.7.1.404 :   Affinity Photo-Beta  1.7.2.424 :    Affinity Designer 1.7.1.404:  Affinity Designer-Beta 1.7.2.424:

Affinity Publisher-Beta 1.7.2.422:   Affinity Publisher 1.7.1.404:    Windows 10 Pro  (Version  1903 Build 18362.207)

3 hours ago, Gnobelix said:

Hello @makspyat,

Try the keyboard shortcut CTRL + ALT and left mouse click on the thumbnail.

Cheers

Ooops - this works!!!!!!!!!

Thank you so much - I use these masks all the time. It is insanely helpful!

Hi all,

To re-open this topic,neither of the alternatives mentioned work on my version of 1.7.0.367. Have tried with both 16 bit and 8 bit images; same (lack of) result. Is there something I am missing? (Windows 10 64 bit)

Thanks.

On 5/6/2019 at 12:35 AM, makspyat said:

Ooops - this works!!!!!!!!!

Thank you so much - I use these masks all the time. It is insanely helpful!

You can also keep adding luminosity selections from other layers by holding down shift as well. Can be pretty handy from time to time. ^_^

Thanks FDK for your very swift response. Unfortunately no combination of Ctrl+Shift or Ctrl+Alt or even Ctrl+Shift+Alt while clicking works for me for selecting luminosity pixels above (or below) 50%. However, if I am using the selection brush I can select multiple points via Ctrl+Shift.:(

17 hours ago, aaturner said:

Thanks FDK for your very swift response. Unfortunately no combination of Ctrl+Shift or Ctrl+Alt or even Ctrl+Shift+Alt while clicking works for me for selecting luminosity pixels above (or below) 50%. However, if I am using the selection brush I can select multiple points via Ctrl+Shift.:(

Did you try making a new layer and fill the canvas with colour to see if the selection worked (works also with Create New Fill Layer in the Layers menu at the top of the screen)? If not, then maybe report that as a bug.

Yup, tried that with no success, so I shall follow your good advice and report the behaviour (or lack of) as a bug.