You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Some Adjustments COMPLETELY LOST after rasterization

I have a file with size of 5760*1080. it hase a lost of adjustments, that cover whole area of document. And after rasterizing (flattening) file - adjustments on part of the document are lost completely // See screenshot and a file attached. Expecially third frame before and after rasterization

Really critical... Is there is a size limit after which AP gets unreliable? //

bad_raster.afphoto

Scr20190428_0823_#9_AffinityPhoto_1.jpg

Scr20190428_0823_#10_AffinityPhoto_1.jpg

Even if this is just memory-related issue - though 5000*1000 quite NOT a big size this days - and i have decent comp/memory - its still expected that AP will warn about issues IN ADVANCE, so user would be able to split up the work.

It`s not always clear to see that rasterization just "forget" about part of adjustments stack... finding this after several steps down the pipeline can be disastrous //

I'm seeing totally different views of that 3rd frame dependent on my zoom level

As we have been told, the best view to check your document is at 100%

When I do that I do not see what I think you want your final document to look like

I am seeing what is shown in your navigator panel in your first screenshot

If I am right then I do not think that flattening (or size limits) is the problem and something else is wrong that needs fixing first

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

There's a known issue with adjustment layers after groupng them

I don't know what exactly you are trying to achieve. But I think you make it way too complicated !!
Why not split your document into different layers of "hands - textures" (see attachment)
As I see it, it's the intention to have the same texture on the left and right with identical adjustments or not?
So why not adjust one of them and duplicate it ?

Just a thought ...

Complex.afphoto

Affinity Photo  2.3.1

Laptop MSI Prestige PS42
Windows 11 Home 23H2 (Build 22631.3007) - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8565U CPU @ 1.80GHz   2.00 GHz - RAM 16,0 GB

i`m aware of rendering issue, that`s why screenshots in low zoom made - there is flickering, etc in case of higher zoom. 

In this case it`s NOT rendering. after rasterization lost adjustments can be seen on any zoom level.they just lost on 1/3 of the document.
Adjustments work before rasterization. And partially lost (not applied) after rasterization.
With big document - such "partial rasterization" can easily go unnoticed... and thats sad :(

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.