Michail

Searching with search terms in the help is not possible

The script error in the help of the previous version has been fixed 9_9
In the current version, however, you can no longer search by entering a search term. Possibly this is only the case in the German version.

My Specs:
- Processor: AMD Phenom™ II X4 955 Processor 3.20 GHz- RAM: 8 GB
- Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250
- Monitor: SyncMaster F2380 (resolution 1920x1080)
- Operating system: Windows 10 Pro (1803) / 64 bit

The Help window is different since the fix. On my system, the search box is at the very top of the window. For a while, I thought it was gone too!

Yes, the Search box is still there. The problem is that it doesn't work in .238, at all unless you're using UK English as your language. (At least, it works in UK English, and does not work US English. I haven't tried others, but as it doesn't work for @Michail in German it's probably broken in all the new localizations that we got with .238.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1809, 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 and 1.7.0.333 Beta       / Affinity Designer 1.6..5.123 and 1.7.0.333 Beta    / Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.337 Beta

But only the window's title is in French here, so it's logical that I need to search in English to find English entries in the English help… Or do you have localized help?

The Help for the 1.6 range of Affinity applications is fully localized, including US spellings where appropriate, and it's entirely French, for example.

It's possible that the localized versions of the Help are not available yet (I haven't looked for US vs UK spellings), but it sounds like French localization for the Help is not available.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1809, 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 and 1.7.0.333 Beta       / Affinity Designer 1.6..5.123 and 1.7.0.333 Beta    / Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.337 Beta

Aren't we on a Publisher bug report part of the forum? The search work fine in my language in other Bêta, but can't in Publisher since it's not translated. :)

22 minutes ago, Sean P said:

Hi Michail,
Sorry for the delayed response, this was a known issue but should now be fixed in 1.7.0.249.

No. The search field still doesn't work.

My Specs:

I just tried doing several Help searches in Beta 249, and there were no problems on any of the searches. Pretty fast, too! Links in topics seem to be working as well.

17 minutes ago, ToOldForThis said:

I just tried doing several Help searches in Beta 249, and there were no problems on any of the searches. Pretty fast, too! Links in topics seem to be working as well.

It may work in the English version and not in the other localizations.

My Specs:

3 hours ago, Sean P said:

Sorry for the delayed response, this was a known issue but should now be fixed in 1.7.0.249.

Sorry, no. The Search in Help works only for the UK English locale. With other language preferences no search results are displayed, even in .249.

-- Walt

Well...actually...I set the APub language to different values and the search DOES work...as long as you are searching for UK English words. Tried English US and French which both gave me results, but the search term could not be in non-UK English. Limitation seems to be the actual Help file language. Setting APub to French still gave me the same UK English Help file. I think the search engine is working, but the Help has not been localised yet.

I get suggestions appearing below my search term, but I get no results even if I choose one of the suggestions. And I was searching for words properly spelled in UK English. I get results only when my Preferences are set to UK English.

-- Walt

22 hours ago, Michail said:

No. The search field still doesn't work.

AHh sorry about that - I misunderstood your post. Unfortunately the localisation hasn't been completed on the help text so at the moment the indexing isn't correct/working. Rest assured though we haven't forgotten it! :)