It’s inside all of the shape tools, among the triangle, the cog, etc.

Best regards!

You'll never know what you can do until you get it up as high as you can go!   

AMD FX 8350 :: Radeon HD 7870 :: Windows 10 ::  http://mithferion.deviantart.com/

Oxygen Icons :: Free Quality Fonts :: Public Domain Pictures :: iOS 11 Design Resources :: iOS App Icon Template :: The Secret of High Quality Art

17 minutes ago, mcdonald386 said:

The "arrow tool" is mentioned in the Help pages but I can not find it anywhere.

It's one of the shape tools, but I'm not sure if it's configured by default or if you need to use the View > Customize Tools menu to get it. Look for a shape tool with the little triangle on the lower right, click it, and see if it shows up:

arrow-tool.png.6c63ba3ee934ac48358fbcc6495d8a52.png

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.145), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.1.404 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.1.404 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.1.404

Thank you.  I see it now.

It creates excellent horizontal arrows but funny vertical ones.  The vertical arrows seem to narrow at both ends.  Is this normal?

What I can do is create a horizontal arrow and then rotate it by 90 degrees.

You can also use "Convert to curves" which lets you change the individual nodes with the "Node" tool. Also take a look at the context toolbar for the arrow tool. I experimented a little with it and it gives fine control over the arrow.

What puzzles me is that you can draw vertical arrows. Maybe you are using the 1.7 beta but I can only draw horizontal arrows in the 1.6.x version. Can you tell me how you can draw vertical arrows? Thank you very much.

Have a nice day.

Chris

9 hours ago, Bad_Wolf said:

What puzzles me is that you can draw vertical arrows. Maybe you are using the 1.7 beta but I can only draw horizontal arrows in the 1.6.x version. Can you tell me how you can draw vertical arrows?

Good question. I, too, can only get horizontal arrows, regardless of which version of Designer I use.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.145), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.1.404 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.1.404 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.1.404

I thought I was drawing a vertical arrow but now I know better,  I have just tried it again and when you click and drag vertically you get nothing.    When you drag up slightly off the vertical you get the shape on the right which I thought was the strange arrow.  I clicked the right hand handle and dragged it right and got the diamond shape.  I dragged it further and got the horizontal arrow.  I got the shape on the right by selecting it and dragging the rotation handle.  

I do think vertical arrows should be easier to create than this.

Arrows.afdesign