You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to edit styles in Designer?

Hello all,

Can you help me with editing styles.

I created my own style and add it to several objects. Now I want to edit my self created style so that  the change reflect in all objects where this style is used. Can you tell me if that is possible and how?

I created that style in the "Default" category. Now I created a new category "Bad_Wolf". How can I move my styles in "Default" to "Bad_Wolf"?

Thank you for your help.

Chris

Styles on their own don't support this so far, but when those are used and shared as symbols you can edit and reflect those objects then.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

On 1/24/2019 at 9:16 PM, Bad_Wolf said:

Hello all,

Can you help me with editing styles.

I created my own style and add it to several objects. Now I want to edit my self created style so that  the change reflect in all objects where this style is used. Can you tell me if that is possible and how?

I created that style in the "Default" category. Now I created a new category "Bad_Wolf". How can I move my styles in "Default" to "Bad_Wolf"?

Thank you for your help.

Chris

On the right side of every style, in a "Text Styles" palette,  there is a "sandwich" icon (3 paralel lines) click on it and choose the option you need.

All the latest releases of Designer, Photo and Publisher (retail and beta) on MacOS and Windows.
15” Dell Inspiron 7559 i7 Windows 10 x64 Pro Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M) 16 GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600 MHz (8GBx2) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4 GB GDDR5 500 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED - Backlit Touch Display
32” LG 32UN650-W display 3840 x 2160 UHD, IPS, HDR10 Color Gamut: DCI-P3 95%, Color Calibrated 2 x HDMI, 1 x DisplayPort
13.3” MacBook Pro (2017) Ventura 13.6 Intel Core i7 (3.50 GHz Dual Core) 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB 500 GB SSD Retina Display (3360 x 2100)

Hello everybody,

Thank you all very much for your advice which is very helpfull and let me think in a different way.

I made my own style category "Bad_Wolf" and wanted to move some styles I created in the "Default" category. It is not possible to drag and drop them directly, nor is there a menu command which do this. So I took an empty document and placed an object (rectangle, oval, ...) onto the drawing area and gave it the style I wanted to move. Then I switched to the "Bad_Wolf" category and selected "Add style from selection". Now I just have to rename this style and bingo.

@Petar PetrenkoYour suggestion works only for text styles. When using object Styles,  that is not possible.  Thank you anyway for the suggestion.

@Petar Petrenko

• 4 years later...