Merde

ETA of Affinity Designer 1.7.0 customer beta

7 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

Windows 7 = 20% of our (Windows) user-base. Working really hard to make this happen for all customers.

Just out of curiosity, if you happen to have such data and are willing to share: what is current Windows / Mac user-base ratio?

BTW, does vector and photo persona finally work in Affinity Publisher after installing 1.7 betas?

15 minutes ago, Merde said:

if you happen to have such data and are willing to share: what is current Windows / Mac user-base ratio?

Sorry, too many of these and our business is too exposed, if you don't mind I will duck out here.

Patrick Connor
Serif (Europe) Ltd.

Latest releases on each platform 

1 hour ago, Merde said:

, does vector and photo persona finally work in Affinity Publisher after installing 1.7 betas

It was announced earlier that they wouldn't, and posts yon the Mac forums say they don't.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1909 (183623.476), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.486 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.486 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.502 Beta

1 hour ago, Patrick Connor said:

Sorry, too many of these and our business is too exposed, if you don't mind I will duck out here.

I don't mind, ignore that stupid question ;-)

7 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

Windows 7 = 20% of our (Windows) user-base. Working really hard to make this happen for all customers.

Thank you very much for the continued support. Dreading the day...UGH!...Win10.

On 11/16/2018 at 1:15 PM, Morgoth said:

Thank you very much for the continued support. Dreading the day...UGH!...Win10.

WHY???!!? I find Windows 10 Way more stable than Windows 7 ever was! Windows 7 runs on the same kernel that Vista ran on! getting quite old now.

16 minutes ago, Gregory St. Laurent said:

WHY???!!? I find Windows 10 Way more stable than Windows 7 ever was! Windows 7 runs on the same kernal that Vista ran on! getting quite old now.

Yes, I really wish people would update from Windows 7 - would make my life easier :D

2 hours ago, Gregory St. Laurent said:

WHY???!!? I find Windows 10 Way more stable than Windows 7 ever was! Windows 7 runs on the same kernal that Vista ran on! getting quite old now.

Totally agree, I’m quite happy with windows 10. Also, now we have to wait for who-knows-how-long for the 1.7 desktop release because of a nearly one decade old operating system.

59 minutes ago, Mark Ingram said:

Yes, I really wish people would update from Windows 7 - would make my life easier :D

Just over a year to go now (14 January 2020).  *Unless you happen to be a large organisation with big pockets and a lot of legacy dependencies.  :)

I think every developer hopes, that Windows 7 dies sooner than later. It is enough too deal with different .NET versions on Windows 10.

What makes me wonder is that Serif does not publish payed major versions of Affinity Photo, like other companies do with their softwares. Since I bought the first version for Windows, there was every new release for free. Because I am only interested in photo software, which has nothing to do with Apple, and DAM software, there has been no further revenue from me. So hopefully people buy all the other stuff, so that there is enough income. :-)

1 hour ago, Mark Ingram said:

Only "Professional Life" ;)

Serif Software user since 2008 | Not an active forum user since July 4, 2019 after getting a nice response from Developer.

2 hours ago, Gregory St. Laurent said:

WHY???!!? I find Windows 10 Way more stable than Windows 7 ever was! Windows 7 runs on the same kernel that Vista ran on! getting quite old now.

The last two updates (April 2018 and especially October 2018) have been extremely problematic, to say the least… I personally don't suffer from these issues as I have Windows Pro on my machines and I'm delaying these updates for 6 to 8 months. I feel for those who have to endure forced updates on Windows Home...

9 minutes ago, LCamachoDesign said:

The last two updates (April 2018 and especially October 2018) have been extremely problematic, to say the least… I personally don't suffer from these issues as I have Windows Pro on my machines and I'm delaying these updates for 6 to 8 months. I feel for those who have to endure forced updates on Windows Home...

I always wait 3-4 months before I update to the latest to make sure there are no problems and to give developers time to iron out any kinks in there apps that popup because of it, even Windows home can be delayed from updating until the user feels right about it. I have both Pro and Home machines and haven't update to the Oct update yet. To be fair the Oct update only affected a small percentage and Microsoft pulled it very soon after.

5 hours ago, Gregory St. Laurent said:

I didnt have any stability issues with WIN 7 at all with my last configuration.

Most instability i got was from non-JEDEC standardized (voltage, timings) or faulty memory modules, issue with corrupted system data on HDD or EAX emulation hook for sound card driver.

Im still waiting when WIN10 updates bring SMT aware Thread Scheduler without stupid thread jumping across cores like crazy. Not even that stupid ReFS is bootable in WIN10 and im waiting for some better filesystem since WinFS (2006). 

I dont need some useless Ads, retarded UAP games without proper settings for GPU hardware, cortana or mixed reality.

Core i7 4770 - AMD R9 290x (Driver 19.8.1) - 32GB RAM - Asus z87-Pro - Asus Phoebus - Windows 7 x64 ultimate SP1 (monthly rollup) - https://danielmoravek.com