You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Odd Printing of Image? Need Help.

54 minutes ago, Mr. K said:

When I export as a PDF my image has a strange light square area on the upper left side. Any ideas why this is? I've placed the same image on another page, the lighter area is still there but not exactly the same position.

1.pdf

2.pdf

Hi @Mr. K,

it would be good to have the APub file, too. Then we could look if something is in there.

If I open 1.pdf in APub I find a rectangle shaped image in the area of the light area that is grouped with the image of the furniture.

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

53 minutes ago, dominik said:

Hi @Mr. K,

it would be good to have the APub file, too. Then we could look if something is in there.

If I open 1.pdf in APub I find a rectangle shaped image in the area of the light area that is grouped with the image of the furniture.

d.

I will do more testing. I attached my file here if you can find another reason other than that the image is a AFPhoto file. Yikes... It's 57mb!Thrifty Cabinets Three-Drawer Dresser Plan.afpub

Thrifty_Cabinets_Three-Drawer_Dresser_Plan.afpub

15 minutes ago, Mr. K said:

I will do more testing. I attached my file here if you can find another reason other than that the image is a AFPhoto file. Yikes... It's 57mb!Thrifty Cabinets Three-Drawer Dresser Plan.afpub

Thrifty_Cabinets_Three-Drawer_Dresser_Plan.afpub

Hi @Mr. K,

57MB but not problem to download.

I could not find an object in your file that is causing the rectangle.

I exported to 'PDF (for print)' and the result showed the same thing as in your first post.

I notice that you are using a channel mixer layer in the APh file. When this is turned off it shows almost the difference in colour as in the output. I assume this layer has a partial mask that does not cover the entire picture of the drawer.

For a test I deactivated the channel mixer layer and exported againg. There is a visible difference but the rectangle is still there.

Where from do you have the APh image? Can you look into it and see if there is a mask on the channel mixer layer?

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M

I did a test with a different AFPhoto image dragged in as a .afphoto file, and similar bad things happen. All looks good in my AFPub layout until I export as PDF. I have to believe this is a bug. In the meantime I will place jpgs.

8 hours ago, Mr. K said:

Look at the top right side, plus the color is all messed up.

7.pdf

This looks strange. I think someone from Serif has to look into this.

Cheers,
d.

This is definitely a problem with the Channel Mixer Adjustment. As soon as you disable it in your embedded Photo file, your Publisher document will export just fine. And when you re-import the PDF to Publisher, you will see that the PDF exporter has generated an additional image on top of the existing one. :(

PDF.png.72f3ddf9837f077b621acb71362aa86e.png

1 hour ago, A_B_C said:

This is definitely a problem with the Channel Mixer Adjustment. As soon as you disable it in your embedded Photo file, your Publisher document will export just fine. And when you re-import the PDF to Publisher, you will see that the PDF exporter has generated an additional image on top of the existing one. :(

PDF.png.72f3ddf9837f077b621acb71362aa86e.png

This is what I have found out, too. But why is the channel mixer adjustment limited to this area? I did not find any dimensions of this particular layer.

d.

• Staff

Hi Mr. K,
This is a known issue that's already logged to be looked at. To fix the file edit the embedded document/image and nest the Channel Mixer Adjustment to the Corrected V2 layer (drag the adjustment over the thumbnail of the Corrected V2 layer). Close the embedded document tab and export the original file. It should then look correct.

• 1 year later...

Popping it up. The issue still occurs also with Curves and White balance adjustments.

I think it's really important, its about software's reliability in critical situations. I just spent almost two hours moving layers inside embedded afphotos to fix this issue, because I didn't know about it before.

Still love this software, but this time it really made me... ugh :D