ChrisRios

Is Affinity photo a better option compared to Photoshop?

Hello! I'm new to Affinity and photo editing in general. I'm not a fan of adobes subscription plan for photoshop, so I've been looking at other options, and I think that Affinity Is definitely a great one. However, I just want to know if Affinity can do everything that Photoshop can? and if it is really a better option than photoshop? 

Thank you!

6 hours ago, ChrisRios said:

However, I just want to know if Affinity can do everything that Photoshop can?

No.

Affinity Photo 1.7.1, Affinity Designer 1.7.1, Affinity Publisher 1.7.1; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.7.1.143 & Affinity Designer 1.7.1.1 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iOS 12.3.1

Hi ChrisRios,

Welcome to the forums :)

I'd recommend reading through the following threads on our forums!

We like to be upfront about our software, and as R C-R has mentioned Affinity Photo can't currently do everything that Photoshop can, but it isn't designed to replicate it directly. There are many features of Affinity that either improved on Photoshops tools, or added totally new ones!

7 hours ago, ChrisRios said:

I just want to know if Affinity can do everything that Photoshop can? and if it is really a better option than photoshop?

No,

but if it can currently do what you need it to do it's a lot cheaper than the subscription costs of Photoshop.

There is a free (10 day?) trial of Affinity should you wish to try it

Upon purchase you also get lifetime free upgrades to the latest version, providing you die before version 2.0 is released.

Due to the ongoing Brexit negotiations, punctuation, spelling and grammar will be used sparingly until further notice.

8 hours ago, ChrisRios said:

if it is really a better option than photoshop? 

Definitely yes to me.

For you? Hard to say :-)

Affinity Photo 1.7.1.404, Affinity Designer 1.7.1.404, Affinity Publisher 1.7.1.404. Affinity Store.
Windows 10 Pro, Version 1903, Build 18362.145.
Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080.

1 hour ago, carl123 said:

There is a free (10 day?) trial of Affinity should you wish to try it

The trial period begins when you first run the app & expires 10 days later, regardless of how much or little you use it during those 10 days. Document files created during the trial period are not watermarked or otherwise restricted, nor are they deleted at the end of the trial, so if you decide to buy the app you can open & edit them at any time after purchase.

Affinity Photo 1.7.1, Affinity Designer 1.7.1, Affinity Publisher 1.7.1; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.7.1.143 & Affinity Designer 1.7.1.1 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iOS 12.3.1

I was an Adobe fan for years (2001 ~ 2015) and used it daily in my professional projects and personal endeavors until late last year when I discovered it through my purchase of an iPhone. The WIN version works well enough to finally ditch the monthly payments to Adobe and bring all my work to Affinity earlier this year.