hhauten

how to edit 'no style'

Just Double Click on the Base style in the Styles Studio. That will bring up all the things you can change.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) Mac OS 10.12.6 || Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 10.14.6

Affinity Designer 1.8.4 | Affinity Photo 1.8.4 | Affinity Publisher 1.8.4 | Affinity Designer Beta 1.9.0.2 | Affinity Photo Beta 1.9.0.199 | Affinity Publisher Beta 1.9.0.742

I have the same problem as 'hhauten' - I think!

I want my text boxes in new documents to open with my favourite text style. It seems that to do that I have to change [No Style] into [My Base Style]. Picking up on Dave & Old Bruce's suggestions, I changed [Base] to be [My Base Style]. The next time I opened APu the [No Style] was …. exactly as before:). I found the "Save Styles as Default" option, changed [No Styles] in a text box, changed [Base], even saved the document I was using as my base. The next time I opened APu the [No Style] was …. exactly as before:).

I must be missing something …… because I can do it in PagePlus and other DTP packages.

I'm thinking ADe has the same issues??

If you want to change which style is set on text by default, then apply that style to some text and use Edit > Defaults > Save. Probably best to do this in a pristine document so you don't save more changes than you intend - it will save all the object defaults, including shape fills and strokes etc.

Save Styles as Default makes the current stylesheet the default for new documents. Changing the Base style changes the formatting that all the default paragraph styles inherit from. It doesn't in itself apply a style.

Thanks Dave,

… but why is one part of the key command sequence [Defaults] in a list at upper left when the other part [Save Styles as Default] in a 'hidden' list on the right of the real estateO.o 

That's a rhetorical question! But it is frustrating to find that the Serif Way of 'hiding' access to some really important/powerful functions continues past the xxxPlus products;)

Thanks again - keep up the good work, it is a great product.

The text styles option is in the main menu at Text > Text Styles > Save Text Styles as Default. It's not intended to be hidden, but it's also not something we expect to be used frequently.