You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Crashing while in the Background

Downloaded and installed the latest Beta for APub (1.70.133) and was making a post in this very forum, when Affinity Publisher Beta crashed. Attached is the crashlog for it. APub has been doing this since the beta was first released. Curious if this is because of Safari, or other background processes.

Affinity Publisher Beta_2018-09-23-093845_Michaels-iMac.txt

Mac OS X Catinlina, 2014 iMac, 3.5 Ghz Intel Core i7, Huion Kamvas Pro 22 Graphic Tablet, 16GB RAM, MacOS10.12 || Magic keyboard w/numeric keypad, wireless trackpad, Kengsington Edge Trackball || Flux Capacitor in a secure location

---

I encourage kids to go ahead and play on my lawn. I mean, how else can I make sure the death-traps work?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff
On 9/23/2018 at 6:39 PM, CartoonMike said:

Downloaded and installed the latest Beta for APub (1.70.133) and was making a post in this very forum, when Affinity Publisher Beta crashed. Attached is the crashlog for it. APub has been doing this since the beta was first released. Curious if this is because of Safari, or other background processes.

Affinity Publisher Beta_2018-09-23-093845_Michaels-iMac.txt

Yep—I've had this a few times too. I can't quite figure out a recipe for it... I'm collecting crash reports and when I've got a few from a number of different users I will submit them to dev. Hopefully they can figure out what is causing this. Thanks for posting :) 

Are you guys running the latest Safari version 12.0? I have noticed some general weirdness since installing it. (do not do a 'Quicklook' on a ".webloc" icon)

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

6 hours ago, Chris B said:

Yep—I've had this a few times too. I can't quite figure out a recipe for it... I'm collecting crash reports and when I've got a few from a number of different users I will submit them to dev. Hopefully they can figure out what is causing this. Thanks for posting :) 

Had it happen today too.  I minimized Affinity Publisher (v. 139 with test download v. 140) with an open document, previously Saved As in APub. Then I opened Safari v. 12.0 (12606.2.11) to check one of your tutorials.  Publisher crashed, and unfortunately I didn't keep the Apple crash report.  But I did get an immediate option to reopen Publisher.       Which I did.  It functioned perfectly after it was reopened.  

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

Open up the Console application Applications > Utilities > Console Choose 'All Messages' and 'User Reports'. Affinity publisher beta should be there, check the dates and you can find it.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

3 hours ago, Old Bruce said:

Open up the Console application Applications > Utilities > Console Choose 'All Messages' and 'User Reports'. Affinity publisher beta should be there, check the dates and you can find it.

Thank you.  I will do it tomorrow morning.

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.

Today I minimized Publisher several times and opened Safari.  No crashes.  Then minimized Safari and back to Publisher.  No crashes.  

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.