That's weird! I started a new table and the same thing happened.

iMac: iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2017)  -   3.4 GHz Intel Core i5   -   8 GB 2400 MHz DDR4  -  Radeon Pro 560 4096 MB 

Windows: Nvidia gtx 960m 4k uhd 2gb ram video (Windows 10 Pro) -  Laptop screen (resolution 3840x2160 magnified 300%)

1 hour ago, Peg11 said:

If you make the font size smaller this doesn't happen.

Sorry, this method does not work. The last row lengthens with each edition of the table indefinitely...

That used top happen in the previous version 1 7  058 and it was well documented. It hasn't happened for me in the new version but it did happen when I opened your file in the new version so I assume there is something in the table that makes this happen. What happens when you create a new table in the new version 1 7 0 128?

Windows 7 Pro, I5 3.3G PC 16G RAM

24 minutes ago, MickRose said:

That used top happen in the previous version 1 7  058 and it was well documented. It hasn't happened for me in the new version but it did happen when I opened your file in the new version so I assume there is something in the table that makes this happen. What happens when you create a new table in the new version 1 7 0 128?

Actually! The new table created in the new version 1.7.0.128 is good! Nothing strange is happening :)