#SVG

Spell Checker not working in AD

So I know that there should be a spell checker implemented in AD, but for whatever reason I cannot get it to work for the life of me. I have made sure my language is set to what I use and I have repeatedly toggled off and on all of the spell checker settings with no yield. It also won't detect any errors in the spell checker options panel either. What is going on? AD is really amazing but it's just a huge pain if the spell checker isn't working to try to do any text rich designs.

Any help? Is there something I missed? Can this be fixed?

Thanks.

UPDATE: I found out how to fix this - see below for details.

Nevermind! I fixed it! Yay!

I'll list my process here just in case anyone else has issues with this! Even if you have spell checking enabled, you have to set you language to whatever language you use IN THE CHARACTERS TAB. To open this tap, go to [Text > Show character] and then in the character tab that opens, expand the language options on the bottom to be the language you use. For me it was originally set to "Unknown" before I fixed that! Then set the spell checker to work however you want, and voilà! It should now work.

8 hours ago, #SVG said:

Then set the spell checker to work however you want, and voilà! It should now work.

It's worth doing this, too, courtesy of @Dan C - "Once you have changed to the language you wish, say to French, go to Edit > Defaults > Save. This will remember your selection and default to the chosen language!"

AP user, running Win10

On 4/19/2018 at 5:45 AM, IanSG said:

It's worth doing this, too, courtesy of @Dan C - "Once you have changed to the language you wish, say to French, go to Edit > Defaults > Save. This will remember your selection and default to the chosen language!"

Thanks! I'll make sure to do that!

Its workink persfectly hear.

iMac 27" Late 2015 Fully Loaded, iMac 27" Mid 2011 both running High Sierra 10.13.6 - Affinity Designer/Photo, Publisher Beta 1.7.0.140, Illustrator CC, Inkscape, Blender, Sketchup, Pepakura Designer, MTC, Pixelmator & Pixelmator Pro + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9 B|  

Affinity Help - Affinity Designer (ADe) Tutorials - Affinity Photo (APh) Tutorials Instagram & Flickr

1 hour ago, firstdefence said:

Its workink persfectly hear.

DOH ;)

intel core i5,  16GB 128Gb ssd win10 Pro Huion new 1060plus.

philips 272p 2560x1440px on intel HD2500 onboard graphics

Razer Tartarus Chroma

I have a spelling checker,
It came with my PC.
It plane lee marks four my revue
Miss steaks aye can knot sea.

For those who are unfamiliar with the above, it’s the first verse of ‘Candidate for a Pullet Surprise’ by Mark Eckman and Jerrold H. Zar.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.6.5.123 • Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.12.86 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.6.4.45 • iOS 12.2 (iPad Air 2)

Not huffy or stuffy

Not short nor tall

Just fluffy, Just fluffy

with no brains at all. 

iMac 27" Late 2015 Fully Loaded, iMac 27" Mid 2011 both running High Sierra 10.13.6 - Affinity Designer/Photo, Publisher Beta 1.7.0.140, Illustrator CC, Inkscape, Blender, Sketchup, Pepakura Designer, MTC, Pixelmator & Pixelmator Pro + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9 B|  

Affinity Help - Affinity Designer (ADe) Tutorials - Affinity Photo (APh) Tutorials Instagram & Flickr