Jump to content

Unable to update to 1.6.7


Recommended Posts

  • Moderators

Hi cneal, Baz58,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Try to sign-out then sign-in again in the App Store app. You may also try to close the App Store app and restart the iPad.

I believe the update is still spreading around so maybe that's just a case or waiting a couple hours.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators

Yes, it's possible we may have overlooked some setting. I will check this with the dev team. Meanwhile reinstalling the app does update it to the latest 1.6.7. Don't forget to save/backup any project/files you may have in the Welcome Screen before removing the app.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

 

Posted something about this on another topic. I can confirm that deleting and re-installing Photo on th iPad does indeed install the new version. Many thanks for an excellent package, I’m sure all the teething problems on dealing with Apple will be resolved.

 

On another point, editing my profile will not let me place a photo in the personal image dialogue, even tho I clicked on upload. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators
9 hours ago, Yesiam1996 said:

Tried to update my iOS and it says 11.2 is current and no update available.

 

Hi Yesiam

 

You do need IOS 11.2 in order to run this update.  Could you post a screenshot from 'Settings>General>Software Update' of your iPad and we can look into this further.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, 

I'm new to this forum although not to Affinity Photo (MacOS and iOS).

I had the same problem until I updated my iPad Pro 10" to iOS 11.2.6 this morning. After that, I found the AP update to 1.6.7 in AppStore.

I hope this helps, have a nice weekend, regards 

Thomas

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, stokerg said:

 

Hi Yesiam

 

You do need IOS 11.2 in order to run this update.  Could you post a screenshot from 'Settings>General>Software Update' of your iPad and we can look into this further.

 

 

Very weird. Neither my iOS or the app would let me update yesterday but today both did. Guess the software Gods decided to stop playing with me.

 

Problem solved.

Yesi

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators
1 hour ago, Yesiam1996 said:

Very weird. Neither my iOS or the app would let me update yesterday but today both did. Guess the software Gods decided to stop playing with me.

 

Problem solved

 

Great to hear :)  

 

Sometimes those software Gods just like to cause mischief for no reason :D 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stokerg said:

Sometimes those software Gods just like to cause mischief for no reason :D 

 

They’re certainly causing mischief here, Gareth! The App Store still isn’t offering me the update, but TestFlight is telling me to install build 1.6.7.76 of the app (even though I already have 1.6.7.76 beta installed and working). o.O

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher for Windows 1.9.2 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.9.2 • Designer for iPad 1.9.2 • iPadOS 14.4.2 (iPad Air 2)

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators
12 hours ago, Alfred said:

They’re certainly causing mischief here, Gareth! The App Store still isn’t offering me the update, but TestFlight is telling me to install build 1.6.7.76 of the app (even though I already have 1.6.7.76 beta installed and working). o.O

 

Morning Alfred,

 

I've got the update installed from the App Store, i had to refresh the updates page in the App Store for it show for me.  Testflight is also offering me the chance to install 1.6.7.76 but i suspect that's just because it's still classed as an active Beta by TestFlight.  You don't happen to have auto-updates enabled on the App Store? Check Settings>iTunes & App Store and see if Updates is enabled.  If it is, then it's auto updated to the update.  If not, then try refreshing the App Store updates page by swiping down.  If that fails to show the update, sign out and back in of the App Store. 

 

Failing that, now might be the time to look at making a sacrifice to the software Gods and deleting the app and downloading from the App Store, which will give you the updated version. If you do, please make sure to export anything from the Home screen, as that would be lost when you uninstalled. But as you know, you really shouldn't need to do that due to the update process the App Store offers us.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stokerg said:

Morning Alfred,

 

I've got the update installed from the App Store, i had to refresh the updates page in the App Store for it show for me.  Testflight is also offering me the chance to install 1.6.7.76 but i suspect that's just because it's still classed as an active Beta by TestFlight.  You don't happen to have auto-updates enabled on the App Store? Check Settings>iTunes & App Store and see if Updates is enabled.  If it is, then it's auto updated to the update.

 

Thanks, Gareth. I do have auto-updates enabled on the App Store, but the point is somewhat moot now (see below).

 

1 hour ago, stokerg said:

If not, then try refreshing the App Store updates page by swiping down.  If that fails to show the update, sign out and back in of the App Store. 

 

Failing that, now might be the time to look at making a sacrifice to the software Gods and deleting the app and downloading from the App Store, which will give you the updated version. If you do, please make sure to export anything from the Home screen, as that would be lost when you uninstalled. But as you know, you really shouldn't need to do that due to the update process the App Store offers us.

 

Signing out of the App Store and back in again did nothing for me, as I reported here. My edit to that post explains what I ended up doing.

 

Thanks again for your input. :)

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher for Windows 1.9.2 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.9.2 • Designer for iPad 1.9.2 • iPadOS 14.4.2 (iPad Air 2)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Please note there is currently a delay in replying to some post. See pinned thread in the Questions forum. These are the Terms of Use you will be asked to agree to if you join the forum. | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.