You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Squares appearing when painting

• 1 month later...
  • Staff

Hi @Max N,

I've split this off into a separate thread as I believe it's been overlooked. The first issue shown was a known one which I believe has now been fixed. 

The second video however I don't believe we've logged this. Does this still occur for you? If possible would you be able to attach the brush you are using in the video please?

• Staff

Hey Max N,

I've reproduced this on Windows and Mac. All I had to do was choose a colour and paint some on the canvas and then select the Paint Mixer and use the [ and ] keys to change its size. Eventually you will get the block. I also reproduced it by picking different brushes in the Brushes Panel.

Thanks for your help with this :) 

Reproduced here too. Same steps as Chris, it took a while before it happened but it did. I kept doing it and the cursor stayed as a square. The brush tip becomes a square inside of a round. 

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

4 hours ago, Sean P said:

Hi @Max N,

I've split this off into a separate thread as I believe it's been overlooked. The first issue shown was a known one which I believe has now been fixed. 

The second video however I don't believe we've logged this. Does this still occur for you? If possible would you be able to attach the brush you are using in the video please?

Sean P, the first problem (the first video) is played with any standard brush. The video used a brush from the Basic set. The problem is actual both for the stable version, and for 1,6,2,94 betta.
About the second was able to reproduce not only me. Below in the forum there are comments on this topic.

Windows 11 64-bit,

AMD Ryzen 9 3900 + Nvidia 1660 Super + Nvidia Studio driver + 32 Gb RAM.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.